close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First time at Salt Fork

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JoeyTina97, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Hey all,
    I am planning on heading to Salt Fork Lake tomorrow from Columbus. I have heard that there are some ramps that are good and some are bad. Coming up from I70 to I77, which ramp is the best for a mid morning launch that won't be to packed with people?

Thanks in Advance

2. fishcrazy

fishcrazy Muskie Chaser

BIG Muskie I had no problem down by the marina or was it the creek entrance :eek: . But that was 2 years ago.
    Fishcrazy

3. We made it to Salt Fork ok. What a great lake. Didn't fill the live well or anything, I caught 3 crappie and my wife caught a cat and a crappie, but i thought it was cool that they have one one fork just for speed and there is more "no wake" zone than anywhere I have seen. There were plenty of decent fishing spots. We didn't venture to far from the ramp. The only thing that annoyed me was the marina shop by the ramp didn't sell minnows. I didn't find that out until I had tha boat ready to put in the water. So I had to tie it back up and go back out to 22 to the bait shop across the highway. They should put a big sign saying last chance monnows!! :)

The water was dead calm since we stayed away from the speed zone. So not much fish but still a nice day.