Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gunna try trolling for eyes at indian but i haven't ever fished there. I was looking for suggestions on where to launch at. Also can i expect to get a lot of snags? Never really trolled anywhere besides erie. I have been hearing indian is good though so figured i would try it out, thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
a lot of guys use cranks that only dive 3-5 feet. The majority of that lake is only around 4-6 feet deep. As for launching...i dont think your at a advantage or disadvantage on your launch site.Theres a couple indian guys on here(SAUGMON)...hopefully he chimes in here and helps

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Weedends,stay away from moundwood due to tournaments. Weekdays,then most anywhere. Blackhawk is where I like because you can park the truck very close to the ramp with the shortest walk. Lakeview harbor has that hairpin turn that I don't like if it's busy.. Moundwood has double the ramps,but the bassers own it on the weekends. Chippewa's is ok,but pretty dark at night and you have the long drive back in that narrow road that they call paths.

Drag bottom of main lake. Some fish the deeper water over by dream bridge,but anything over 7' is out of my realm. Don't worry about releasing much line because the eyes will don't need much line out.If you have too deep of divers,keep the rod tips as vertical as they can to get out more line. Mini rattletraps,bomber B02,04's,bandit 100 series,200 series, shad raps. Something that runs in the 3,-6, range and you gotta occasionally tick bottom with it. Snag city,but my sonar is showing me a lot of the really snaggy areas. There will be days when I go 2 weeks without losing a bait,and then lose 3-4 in 1 trip. I'm marking these spots on my gps to avoid them and seems to be working.

If you don't tick bottom occasionally,you won't catch much. Keep changing model #s and colors.Eyes are being extra picky for me this year.

Cold front came through,so hopefully that puts a halt on the water temp from skyrocketing. It's been a slower than normal year due to lack of 15"-17" eyes,but the size of the keepers is the best that I have ever seen.Lots of 18"-21" eyes. You'll fight through lots of 14.99999" eye dinks, LOL!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks for the info, hopefully i can get out early next week. I will post results.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully i will get to the lake this weekend. I picked up some 200's to troll with, i hope they catch cuz i just got 4 of the same color.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I'll be out there after work today. I'll let ya know how the action is. They're neglecting my red craw and only want charteuse craw. Not many fish,but some very good size.

Snags? Stay a couple hundred yds on the main lake side of the buoys.Buoy line's pretty shallow. There's a huge area running north/south that is dead center of pew and chipawa.When you see your rod tips dancing,reel in some line til you get out of it.

Outside oldfield and blackhawk has some major snags. Just gotta bear them out.Some big hawgs have come off those snags..

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
That's the funny thing about those snags... big fish like to call them home!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
No work this weekend,so I'll probably be up there saturday morning. Maybe sunday if the action is halfway decent saturday. Got a couple 200 series mistakes from academy that I wanna try.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
do not neglect any chances to fish from shore the last 3 weeks I have landed 36 saugeyes from 15"-23 3/4" all from shore on big joshy swimbaits. hope you get into some.:)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up working all weekend, anybody do any good?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts