close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Steelhead for KSUFlash

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by archman, Mar 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Had a great time fishing today with KSUFlash and Txstransplant. We didn't catch a lot of fish, but it was nice seeing the look on Ben's face when he finally hooked into this beauty on the Rocky. I'm pretty sure he'll be back for more. Totals for today were me with 2, Ben with 2, and Gene with 1 (No Gene, that carp doesn't count) :) Ben, how long was that fish?

[​IMG]

2. Im still workin on my first steely. That has to be a blast! :D

3. catking

catking Banned

Nice fish Ben............ Hey :mad: what do you guys mean about that carp not counting :mad: .............. :D

4. CONGRATS man...
    Glad to see your HOOKED ;)

5. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Geeze Ben Its About Time...... :D Just Kiddin Nice Goin. :D

6. EE

EE

nice job KSUFlash...... I haven't been steelie fishing since last December, I'm looking forward to my first hookup of 2005 in the next week or two.....what a blast!

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

8. nice job flash hope you get many more like that one

9. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Thanks guys,

Had a blast today. Started off quick, within 30 min I had a small jack and actually didn't think it was a steelhead at first as he didn't fight much. But later in the day when I landed this hog, I knew I was hooked for life. It felt like I was fighting that fish for 15 min, but it was probably more like 5. Gave me quite a few good runs as well. I finally got to give my new rod and and reel a workout.

Now that I am an apprentice taxidermist, this guy is going up on the wall as he is the first of hopefully many that I have the opportunity to catch.

27 3/4"
    8.5 lbs.

Thanks goes out to Joel for showing me the ropes, and thanks to Gene for getting his line tangled every 5 min in the trees, stumps, breakoffs, and wind knots, as he allowed me to drift his section of the river.

Hey Tx, whos the rookie? Haha :D :D

Flash------------------------------out

10. Actually Ben, you were fighting that fish for 15 minutes :) But hey, better safe than sorry. I remember the first time I hooked into my first one, I was sweating bullets praying it wouldn't get off. 27 3/4?? Man, I thought was at least 29. You also forgot to thank Gene for not hooking your fish when it took his bobber under first.

11. Congrats Ben, after seeing your face last fall when you lost that first one you had on ,I'm glad you finally got one , a beauty......JIM

12. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

congrats ben, bout time.

13. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Thanks for pointing that out Joel! I had a rough day trying to learn that long rod but it will all fall into place soon. Congrats Ben that was a beauty! Joel thanx again for taking us. I really had a blast. Let's see....I set the hook.....realed it in....released it. Sounds like a caught carp to me! It counts! 2 fish for the day! Had a blast guys....lets do it again soon....I need one on my wall!

Gene

14. man... don't mention carp too loud you will have crappielooker up here in notime flat!!
    Hey Ben post of photo of your completed mount...
    Mounting fish is an art you should be proud you can do it..
    How are you on game animals?

15. KSUFLASH

You should have seen that carp. Looked like he swallowed 2 softballs into his stomach he was so fat.

As far as mounting mammals, I don't do them as I have been targeting fish for the past few years.

flash-----------------------out

16. TightLine

TightLine Member

Way to go Guys, Nice fish Flash!

17. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

I ain't touchin' that one :eek:

Nice fish Ben, Gotta try Ol' Stinkie again sometime.
    What did you catch it on. We're hitting the Nia. gorge next Weds., hope we find 'em like that there :)

18. KSUFLASH

Mariboo Jig and Maggot under a bobber about 4ft down.

flash--------------------------------out

19. Awsome looking fish! Great job guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.