Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the board....been 'trolling' it for a week or so. Just wanted to first say thanks to those posting all the helpful information I've found on here...THANKS!

Anyway, I fish for fun...all catch and release. I typically don't have a target species in mind. I try not to catch bluegill, but they seem to enjoy my worms. :(

I've been reading on here about bass fishing and all the artificial baits used. Let me just say, I have no luck (or maybe just terrible technique) when using these. I've tried the senco worms, spinners, rooster tails, repella fake crawfish, top water lures...nothing. I did get a lot of interest on my pumpkin senco worm from a painted turtle saturday. He took a few bites out of it...but that's it. My best technique is a bobber with a red worm. Caught a couple bass and a few catfish this way...but typically bluegill/sunfish variety.

I'm from Pittsburgh area and when I was growing up, we'd use rooster tails on the Mon River and catch nice striped bass all day long. I've fished scioto near 5th ave (thanks to 1rod1reelfishing video), griggs at hayden falls, and alum (inlet off africa)...fish hate my artificial bait in these spots!!!

Hopefully my luck will change or I'll get to meet some of you who know what they're doing for a day of fishing. Either way...good luck and thanks....

Zorro

·
name of Alex
4,719 Posts
Welcome to the board. People here will help you with technique, but they tend to be tight-lipped about particular fishing locations.

That said, go exploring! This area has a choice or reservoirs and flowing streams.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts