close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First outing on the Olentangy tonight

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by RareVos, Jul 29, 2007.

1. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Hiya. First post. I took my first trip to the Olentangy for a little of this "wading" some of you are always on about. Only caught 2 fish in as many hours but I certainly understand the appeal now. I never realized how pretty the Olentangy is without really getting out there. Anyway, nice fish... fight like hell. Lots of fun. Can't wait to get back out there now that I've gotten a taste for it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Nice SM. Welcome to the site, hope you like it.

3. First of all welcome to OGF RareVos. The Olentangy and Scioto both have some beautiful sections to them and some very good waters to wade. Nice looking fish.

4. Very nice smallies! Glad to add another wading fisherman to the brotherhood:)

What was your tackle set up?

5. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

My current setup is a Plfueger 6730 on a 6ft St. Croix. I typically use 4lb line and throw a lot of unweighted plastics and topwater stuff. So is there some kinda secret handshake for this brotherhood?

6. No, but you have to guard your spots with your life and go completely ape-sh*t if someone else discusses the location of their favorite spot in any public area of the forum.

As a fellow wade fisherman it's important that you understand that just because people have lived and fished here for a couple hundred years...you are the ONLY person who has EVER fished YOUR area of the river. Lets keep it that way.

:p

7. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

LOl, and carry a big stick if you find someone in YOUR SPOT!

8. You used "area" and "river" in the same sentence. Now all the lurkers know exactly where to go and are are going to destroy the ecosystem. How could you be so careless? You know those guys NEVER go fishing until they get a hot tip from the OGF forum.

9. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

After I saw the picture of that smallie, I did a Google Earth search on the Olentangy and found that spot. I caught that one and all of his little brothers and threw them in my cooler. Don't bother going back there because all of the fish are gone.

10. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

If you look real close you can see me in the woods waiting for him to leave so I can steal his spot. Isn't thats the one area thats down by that one spot where there are trees?:D

11. StuckAtHome

I think we are scaring this new guy off,lol-in only his second post he gets to see our version of humor and sarcasm.
    Mike

12. Perhaps you should give him a link to your snake story post so he can have a good laugh.

13. Man, no. I'm a night fisherman by nature, but I haven't been out past dark this year because I keep thinking of all the snake posts on here. I'm not even all that scared of snakes. Just reading about the stories of legions of snakes infesting our waterways has me thinking twice and making excuses not to go. I think I've developed a phobia. Worse than a horror movie. I've even fished at night in water moccasin, alligator infested South Carlina waterways by myself. I may need intervention. :(

14. RareVos

RareVos Lost Sailor

Wish I had read this sooner. I DID go back early this morning and yes, there are no more fish there. Lesson learned.

15. StuckAtHome

I'm with you man, snakes are our mortal enemies, we must think like them, live like them, eat like them to make sure we know they are out to get us, eating mice and frogs are just a put on to distract us from the TRUTH!!! They will do anything to keep this secret, but I will take a Chance and expose their deadly secret, it is... whats that noise? HELP!!!! skowjfhjer9egd!

16. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

taking them happy pills again there Mike?lol