close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First One of 2005

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shortdrift, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Did my first BBQ steak of 2005 today. Was absolutely fantastic! Better than than smelt and shiners! ;) One thing for sure: There won't be a lot of steak on the grill this year with the price they are bringing. Rib Steak $9.99! :eek: Boneless Strip at $5.99 which is what we had tonight. :D
    Guess I should have tried harder for a nice doe. :rolleyes:

2. catking

catking Banned

DA KING !!! grilled some 1/2 pound center cut pork chops yesterday. Little BBQ sauce , some lima beans& corn mixed ( succatash for you city boys and girls ;) ) and baked potato................... :eek: ................. :eek: .......

3. rockbass

rockbass Banned

you guys have my mouth watering! :p

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

That's sad. Fairweather grillers. You should be ashamed :D

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I grilled out all winter! Come on sissy's get busy.

6. I thought I smelled a tasty BBQ cooking while washing the truck this evening!

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i did do some grillin' this winter,as usual,but not as much as i'd liked.shortcake,since you didn't bring home the venison this year,maybe you'd like to share a nice grilled tenderloin that's residing in my freezer :D
    and i didn't even have to work for it.sure is nice to have friends to feed me :D ;)
    of course i did give up some wallete filets for it :( ;)

8. misfit, you coming up this way to catfish at jim s this year?

9. Said it was the first STEAK of 2005!!! We built campfires on the patio and cooked out all winter, didn't have to use a wussy grill for breakfast and supper.:p Ate out there too. :p Now how many of you can beat that?

10. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I also grill out all year. The only steaks I will buy are filet (beef tenderloin), because I usually have enough venison backstrap to last, and no other steak besides filet will match it's taste. I was shopping the other day, and noticed that the price of filet was down to $13.99 lb. It's usually about $18.99 lb. So I bought a bunch of them and FoodSavered them.

11. That's why you get the WHOLE COW from someone, steaks, burgers and all!!!!!! Just need a big enough freezer.

Anyone want to buy some steaks??? I could use some money!!!!!!!!

12. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

I've been grilling elk steaks all winter. Much better than beef.

13. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Dang Dave. I think you have EVERYONE beat there. Lucky dog.

14. All those years of bailing hay paid off, lol

Get atleast a 1/4 everytime my uncle takes one in to be butchered. MUCH MUCH better then store meat too :D