close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Muskie Ever

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dan8402, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

cool deal better watch out or you'll get hooked on them. nice fish.
    put your pic on here for you.

[​IMG]

2. I know that ear-to-ear grin. Your done-for now :). Bass will never do again, lol. Good job!

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

CONGRATS DAN !!!!
    there's no fishing like MUSKY FISHING !!!!!
    btw, I hear Wileys and Drifter Stalkers are the ticket on St Clair. Good luck...post some pics after your trip!

4. Hey I saw you land that fish last night. I was in the tracker targa, bass fishing just up the rocks from you. An older couple hooked something in that same area 10 minutes before you did and they never got it stopped. The lady said she got tired and handed the rod to her husband and the fish came off. She wasn't happy! By the way, how do you like the tundra?

5. That would Be the Smile i would like to see more often with a great looking fish like that! WAY TO GO!

6. I know what you are all saying. I will never be able to stop fishing for them now. I will definitely post the pictures when we get back from Lake St. Clair.

And, by the way, we love the Tundra. We can fish all of the inland lakes and go to Lake Erie or Lake St. Clair with quite a bit of chop and still fish.

7. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Nice fish Dan. I fish St Clair and there is no place like it on earth. Caught a 45 incher last year and that is considered small. Try $9 perch or any perch combo. We fished the dumping grounds last year and in one day went 6 for 8. Good luck.

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats on your first one, heres hopeing you catch many more.

9. Dan,
    Nice work on the muskie! I hope you do better at St Clair than we did. We went from last Sunday until Wednesday (Mitchells Bay). The smallies were "slow". Caught some but nothing like the past 6 years. Good luck and I hope they heat up for you!

10. Congrats. on your first muskie. When that happened to me I was hooked on them. Now I fish for them all the time!!!!

11. The Muskies at Alum have been hot lately. It seems you never know when they are going to hit, and on what. Three have been landed in my boat in the last three weeks...all while Saugeye fishing. My sister was with me on Friday, July 9, and she got her first one too. Make sure you are keeping your reel and line in top shape, as the second one I caught was a 46 inch monster, caught on a 7ft med action casting rod. If my drag was having any problems, I wouldn't have got her in.

12. muskiehunter

muskiehunter Was that Bass 5lb?Burp!

Good Deal......you think you're hooked now?..wait till you hook his mama!:)