Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a first mate for the boat this weekend.

Never had a dog befor this might be fun.:)
7 weeks old.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Holly crap...what a great looking chocolate Lab. I'll tell you what ,nothing like fishing w/ your dog... the best company there is! Enjoy!

·
Crick Smallie Fisherman
844 Posts
Yeah he won't give ya heck when you snag a tree or miss a bite. Good looking pup. I have a 4mth old black lab that is in his terrible two's. He chewed the light plug off of my new trailer today. Just wait. You'll have your hands full

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Good looking dog Jeff, congrats. Put all your shoes away, my American Bulldog ate two pairs of my $120 Nike's when my wife decided to leave for the day and leave him uncaged at 6 months old !

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
great looking dog jeff I have 2 labs they are fun loving oh and like everyone said love to chew. Mine are 2 and a half and are just as playful as they were as pups

·
Registered
947 Posts
Great looking dog. it'll be a great companion. watch the hooks, though. we were at the chagrin soccer fields a long time ago with a lab pup. my buddy put his rod down, it had a spawn sack and a treble and his pup ate it. had to have surgery. mucho dinero, muy mal. I think of that day every time I see a dog on a fishin trip. just can't help it.

Good luck with your new friend.

MikeC

·
Registered
338 Posts
That little pup will give you hell for the first many months of its life, but boy do labs mellow when they get to be two years old or so! They are truly wonderful dogs!

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great looking pup!! I have a choc. lab as well and you won't be sorry. They are the best. You won't be sorry! Good luck to you and boy do they ever love to chew! Make sure you have plenty of chew toys available!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Called home and my wife said he been sleeping in my chair all day. He will bright eye and ready to go when I get home. I wish you all better news about the chewing. Oh well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That a tuff one. I have not name him yet. If anyone has a suggestion please post. I am open for all suggestion?

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
The dogs I have had in the past have had Rock Star names. My current dog is AXL, the dog before that was Henley, next on the list is Hendrix but that's a few years down the road, Axl is only 5.

·
Registered
533 Posts

Here's a pic of mine at work! Names are tough. Once you are @ him and see his personality a name that will fit will come easily.

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
If he's going to be your first mate maybe you should name him Gilligan.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts