Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out this morning on my new place. We bought my wife's grandparents farm this year. It's been a lot of work to get things in shape but it's been in the family forever and we love it here. We got the house in order and I put in two food plots. The fields are leased out to a local farmer. It's coming together nicely. My boys left to go riding with buddies all weekend. So this morning I decided to go for a walk with my grandfather's old marlin 22. Lots of white oaks and the squirrels were hitting them hard. First hunt here and a limit. Great morning for sure. Taking my nephew's out tomorrow at there grandparents and then going to cook them up. Hopefully I can get some with them tomorrow.
Gun Rifle Firearm Air gun Hunting

·
Premium Member
2,372 Posts
Got out this morning on my new place. We bought my wife's grandparents farm this year. It's been a lot of work to get things in shape but it's been in the family forever and we love it here. We got the house in order and I put in two food plots. The fields are leased out to a local farmer. It's coming together nicely. My boys left to go riding with buddies all weekend. So this morning I decided to go for a walk with my grandfather's old marlin 22. Lots of white oaks and the squirrels were hitting them hard. First hunt here and a limit. Great morning for sure. Taking my nephew's out tomorrow at there grandparents and then going to cook them up. Hopefully I can get some with them tomorrow. View attachment 374407
Wow, excellent, ya13ya03. First time out and a limit, doesn't get no better than that.
Congrats on your property purchase, brother, i'm jealous as h*ll.
Keep on whack'n and stack'n.;)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about some details on the new property?
It's across the street from the mosquito wildlife refuge. In North Bloomfield. See bald eagles every day. Swans. Sand Hill cranes. It's a really awesome place to be. We have a huge corn field and a bean field. Right in the middle we planted my cut wheat field in tillage radish. Then I have a pond and two clearings in the woods. Those we made into food plots. My wife grandparents bought it in the 50's when grandpa came back from the korean war. A lot of it's been sold off over the years but we still have enough to work with. All the surrounding neighbors are great.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Got out this morning on my new place. We bought my wife's grandparents farm this year. It's been a lot of work to get things in shape but it's been in the family forever and we love it here. We got the house in order and I put in two food plots. The fields are leased out to a local farmer. It's coming together nicely. My boys left to go riding with buddies all weekend. So this morning I decided to go for a walk with my grandfather's old marlin 22. Lots of white oaks and the squirrels were hitting them hard. First hunt here and a limit. Great morning for sure. Taking my nephew's out tomorrow at there grandparents and then going to cook them up. Hopefully I can get some with them tomorrow. View attachment 374407
awesome

1 - 13 of 13 Posts