close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First good night this year

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lpead, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I was thinking 3 lbs, but others are telling me more. It was nice whatever it was.:B What weight line is everyone using. I've always used 8 lb for bass but no real reason. It really seemed strained while pulling the fish out of the water on an inclined bank. I'm thinking about changing to 12 or 15.

[​IMG]

2. That's probably around 3 pounds mmaybe even a bit under but pictures are tough to tell. I bet it would come in around 2.12 on a digital scale. I'm pretty acurate with fish under 4 pounds, once they hit 4 or more it gets much tougher to guesstimate. either way nice fish, I use different line for different conditions and it all depends on what baits I'm throwing, I always use braid on topwater lures and use 10lb yozuri hybrid on all my soft plastics. If it's raining I will usually switch over to the 10lb high vis yellow suffix line. It has helped tremedously detecting bites when visibility isn't too good. You should get a digital scale, rapala makes one that is pretty good for around 20 bucks, never know when your gonna hit that big one, you will wish you had a scale

Here are some nice fish that we were way off on when trying to guess, we guessed then weighed them, anyone want to guess?

:B

Attached Files:

3. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

4. 6,4,3.75,5.......thats my guess....

5. 6-5-4-8

when are you going to tell us?

6. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Typing the same thing!

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

4,6,2,4 thats my guess, interested to see the real numbers. Photos can be so deceiving.