Ohio Game Fishing banner

First GMR Flathead!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  catking 
#1 ·
Yea, right, Just kidding, but made ya look!

Anyways, Catfishunter1 & Zfish, I'm not sure if you saw me, I was @ Taylorsville around 6:10PM. I arrived the same time the buyg & his son w/ the minnows came down there. Started walking down the 1st set of steps I realized I left the cutbit in the Jeep so i went back, then walked across the dam again, this time to realize that my box of terminal tackle was at home. So I told my son 2 poles, 2 hooks, 2 sinkers on the GMR usually woul last 10 minutes, so we left for somewhere a little easier. We ended up about 1/2 mile down river from you guys. I ended up w/ a Rock bass but that was it. it had hooked its self while engulfing a crawler. Tried to save the guy but it was no luck. :( Man that water was cold, I had my huntign boots on, but was in the water trying to save him. He is now in the freezer & will be used as cut bait.

No surprise on no cats, that spot is a Smallmouth spot usually.

#3 ·
I had that post thought out while fishing today.

Jack, theres not many Flats in this part of the GMR, I think they get to be in decent #'s just past/around West Carrolton, which is about 20 minutes away. But the GMR hold some dandy Channels.

#5 ·
Mellon you could have seen my awesome cast where my wieght and hook came off the line in mid cast and flopped in the water about 3 ft in front of me. It was real neat. LOL.. I was the one in the white hat and white shirt unless I had my blue jacket on. Never did notice you as I was trying to catch these really tiny bait theives. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.