close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First GMR Flathead!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by H2O Mellon, Apr 7, 2004.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Yea, right, Just kidding, but made ya look!

Anyways, Catfishunter1 & Zfish, I'm not sure if you saw me, I was @ Taylorsville around 6:10PM. I arrived the same time the buyg & his son w/ the minnows came down there. Started walking down the 1st set of steps I realized I left the cutbit in the Jeep so i went back, then walked across the dam again, this time to realize that my box of terminal tackle was at home. So I told my son 2 poles, 2 hooks, 2 sinkers on the GMR usually woul last 10 minutes, so we left for somewhere a little easier. We ended up about 1/2 mile down river from you guys. I ended up w/ a Rock bass but that was it. it had hooked its self while engulfing a crawler. Tried to save the guy but it was no luck. :( Man that water was cold, I had my huntign boots on, but was in the water trying to save him. He is now in the freezer & will be used as cut bait.

No surprise on no cats, that spot is a Smallmouth spot usually.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Dang, I thought you caught one :D

3. H2O Mellon

I had that post thought out while fishing today.

Jack, theres not many Flats in this part of the GMR, I think they get to be in decent #'s just past/around West Carrolton, which is about 20 minutes away. But the GMR hold some dandy Channels.

4. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

We ended up with some small i mean very small cats and a carp :eek: that makes 2 carps for me today hey crappielooker u would be proud hahahahaha.

H20 we did not see u up there. U should have just came down anyhow i had plenty of hooks and weights.

5. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Mellon you could have seen my awesome cast where my wieght and hook came off the line in mid cast and flopped in the water about 3 ft in front of me. It was real neat. LOL.. I was the one in the white hat and white shirt unless I had my blue jacket on. Never did notice you as I was trying to catch these really tiny bait theives. :D

6. catfishhunter1

catfishhunter1 Doc's personal net boy

that was the best cast ever lol

7. H2O Mellon

howd that guy & his son do? He said yesterday he caught a SM, LM, @ 2 Crappies

8. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

It looked as thought they caught a couple crappies a couple gills and maybe a rock bass but a couple of them were hard to tell what they were.

9. H2O Mellon

In other words they caught CATFISH bait.

10. catking

catking Banned

Dang it Mellon- Ya made me look. I thought " how did I miss this" then I see this........Crying wolf are ya :rolleyes: DA KING !!!