Ohio Game Fishing banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
The end is near
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anybody had any frost yet? I'm in the greater Columbus area and our coldest so far has been 42. I've seen some upper 30's around me.
A warming trend for next week so no chance then. I don't think my date of Oct 19th will last.
This Tuesday...1st day of FALL!

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,975 Posts
Remember growing up and we'd get snow and cold from Thanksgiving on?
As a kid I can remember going out on Halloween and sometimes freezing, and sometimes not. I don't think there's any predictability to it.

Anybody had any frost yet? I'm in the greater Columbus area and our coldest so far has been 42. I've seen some upper 30's around me.
A warming trend for next week so no chance then. I don't think my date of Oct 19th will last.
We've gotten close, but no cigar. I mean the last 3 days and nights here have featured crystal clear skies! If you're into stargazing, it's exactly what you want. But, the air has also been very dry. Almost no dew in the morning.

Reactions: garhtr and Lazy 8

·
Registered
16,252 Posts
Saturday the 19th, my mom and sister had frost on their windshields, I'm about 5 miles closer to Lake Erie and nothing. 38 degrees.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I got up early Saturday morning and sprayed the frost off of my tomato and pepper plants. Sunday morning was a lighter frost but the neighbors roofs were white. We are in Bolivar, Ohio about 15 miles South of Canton

·
The end is near
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
As a kid I can remember going out on Halloween and sometimes freezing, and sometimes not. I don't think there's any predictability to it.

We've gotten close, but no cigar. I mean the last 3 days and nights here have featured crystal clear skies! If you're into stargazing, it's exactly what you want. But, the air has also been very dry. Almost no dew in the morning.
You'll never see any more beautiful skies than in the fall.
Promisekeeper...are you're plant dead? Frostbit?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Atwater and we had frost Saturday morning and a harder frost on Sunday morning. That's the earliest frost I can remember in years. Made for a beautiful sunrise each day. Low of 35 both nights. I love seeing the seasons change.

Attachments

·
Ohio State Alumni 05'
1,254 Posts
Belmont County, Ohio had mornings of 34 degrees (Saturday) and 32 degrees (Sunday). The area I was staying in is in the bottom of a valley. Not a cloud in the sky either evening/morning and low winds allowed it to get super cold for this of year. The plus side, DIE RAGWEED!

·
The end is near
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wow, that's alot of frost. 42 is still the low here in the greater Columbus area. I figure the heat of the city might play a role.
Today is officially the last day of summer. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Couple nights hit 40 in Toledo but havent cracked the 30's yet. Back in my youth the average date for the Lake Erie marshes to freeze was Nov. 10th. I don't think that's the case anymore. We used to get 3 feet of ice on Erie every year too. Definitely not the case anymore.
I still have a 3 foot long gaff I made for ice fishing Erie. Couldnt get the fish out of the hole

·
The end is near
6,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Well, they was a calling for frost here in central OH last night and I covered a few of my best producers up by the house last night but no frost.
Technically, the cicada is still right...but I don't think it'll make it til Oct 19th. :confused:

Anybody see any orange and black whooly buggers yet?

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
8,975 Posts
Come to think of it, I have not seen any wooly buggers yet! Usually, by this time of year, I have.

Reactions: bajuski and Lazy 8

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oct 10 and still no frost in the greater Columbus area. We had one night where it hit 40 degrees and the wx folk said possible frost but it never happened. My maters are still producing.
Also still no wooly bear caterpillars. And, no wooly bear festival in Vermillion. Bummer man, bummer.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Still no frost for me, 40 minutes north of Columbus. 38 degrees is the coldest I’ve had. Mosquitos have been terrible the last few evenings!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts