Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fishing friends finally talked me into fishing the river this year. Was never a big fan. Went out many times and the results were not changing my view. Time and time again I would watch them bring in the channels and flats. I was quickly able to establish that I was the best snag fisherman in the group as well as the best trash man. About 3 weeks ago I finally hooked into one and was overjoyed until it tangled my line around a tree branch and I couldn't bring it in just had to cut the line another disappointment. I was ready to just quit going to the river. I had caught a few small white bass but nothing that was making me want to keep fishing the river. Yesterday they talked me into to going out again and I was sure it would be the same. As I set there my pole had the slightest bounce to it I was sure it was just a turtle. But I went ahead and set the hook and finally was able to bring in not only my first catfish from the river but the first flathead ever. Not a monster just a small one but we all have to start somewhere. Can't wait to get another one.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts