Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the city duck pond tonight to see if I could catch some small carp for flatheads tomorrow. I couldn't catch any small enough, but I somehow managed to hook and land this 28 lb. flathead. :D It took more patience than I though I had, but I finally got him to shore with my little medium action rod with 8 lb. test. Somehow, the small hook snagged him in the base of the tail. Not how I like to catch them, but still worthy of a picture. A tail hooked flathead, on light tackle, makes for a LONG battle. Sorry for the house in the background, but I thought he deserved better then to live in that cesspool of a pond, destined to be taken out with the garbage when some kid catches him on chicken liver. :mad: So, I rushed him home and put him in my largest pond. I think he'll be much happier there.

Attachments

·
Cats are where it's at!
1,497 Posts
Mike

I think you did good getting that fish out of the pond. Hope you got some bait of the correct size.

Jason was expecting me when I got to his place looking for bait ;)
He suggested I try some mudpuppies but I declined that offer.

Sis and Kayla said thanks for the buckets ;)

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Jason uses some interesting things for bait. I like to stick to the tried and true. ;) If you need any more buckets let me know. I know how things seem to dissappear from from the Catfish Queen. :eek: ;) Since I gave up the sacrificial rod and reel so early this year, do you think the catfish gods will be kind to me? :D

·
Registered
11,398 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures and story. :cool: Also, thanks for transferring the fish. :) There may be more of those in that pond. Will you be going back with flathead bait? If so, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts