close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

first fishing trip

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by oldnslow55, Feb 9, 2005.

1. guys her it is wher did you first go fishing where u hooked on fishing the first time did u fish pond or river it dosen't matter u love to fish that the way it should be

(disable people have a right to fish to )

I can't fish rivers any more so i do the next best thing
    i do fish even fron my chair Been their don that

2. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

My first fishing trip....
    My then boyfriend and I dressed up in his Army Fatigues and snuck onto a private golf course in Brecksville after dark and stayed there until the sun was just about coming up. Yes, yes, yes, I know, it was illegal...but ooooooh so much fun :D (kids don't try this at home!)
    There was just a sliver of a moon out, so it was very very dark, and because we really werent supposed to be there, we couldnt use a flashlight.
    These were the conditions in which I learned to fish. Call it "Fishing by Feel", or "Blind Fishing", but any way you call it... I couldn't see a darn thing!!! What I did learn was how to "feel" the fish, and "feel" the structure.
    Believe it or not, the very first fish I ever caught was a 3 1/2 pound large mouth bass. And this was out of a pretty small pond too! By the end of the evening we had a stringer full of large Bluegill, Crappie and Bass.
    Here is where things got really exciting.... :D :eek:
    We noticed that there was a police car cruising back and forth on the road. Seemed they were looking into our car (which was full of fishing tackle.. duh!). Next thing we knew, the police car whipped out it's spotlight and was scanning the golf course looking for, I'm assuming... US!
    We ended up running behind, and laying down flat in a small patch of pricker bushes with this stringer full of fish. The fish weren't so happy about this... My heart was pounding. We were scared to death and laughing at the same time. Well, everytime the police car made its way down to the far end of the golf course, we would inch our way closer and closer to our car (but staying hidden behind clumps of bushes), where we could make our slick get-a-way... :D
    And there you have it... my first fishing experience, that turned me into the addict that I am this very day. :D

3. I'm not trying to be a putz but that is a reason we all lose access (even though it was a golf course, its still tresspassing)..."snuck onto a private golf course in Brecksville after dark and stayed there until the sun was just about coming up. Yes, yes, yes, I know, it was illegal.."....

4. Hey Tom,hows Cincy?

5. ..ok been meeting some really great ppl down here ! How have you been ?

6. catking

catking Banned

Kids will be kids ;) I don't think Reel Lady was promoting trespassing . The place I got hooked on fishing was Stonelick Lake in SW ohio back in 1960 . I live 10 minutes from that lake now. Alot of great memories come to mind when I pass this lake... THE CATKING !!! :)

7. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

one of my earliest memories, i must have been 4 or 5?

a stick, with a piece of string, and a wire bent into a "c" shape, dropped into about a 3" deep by 2' wide creek! fishing with my little neighbor girl friend....

wow i dont know what we were thinking we were gonna catch with no bait in a 3" deep creek....but i guess it counts :)

ive been hooked on fishing on and off through the years ever since...

8. My first fishing experience was on private ponds close to home when I was 4 or 5 with my dad. My mom has a picture of us holding a stringer full of bluegill.
    THe first fishing trip that I remember was at a private pond close to home when I was 7. It was a pond that were full of stunted bluegill, which we would catch and throw out just to get them out. Anyways, I threw out a small white crappie jig of some kind, next to a small pipe sticking out of the water. Next thing I know my line takes off and I have on a nice fish. I caught a 14 inch crappie. It was a blast and I still have the picture. I've only been fishing 20 years but I can't wait to fish 60+ years if I'm blessed!

9. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

The creek down the road. It had some great creekchub action. We would try everything and anything. Doughballs, hotdog pieces, cheese, starbursts, you name it. Then, it was bluegill in any pond I could get access to. Then, hooked my first bass and it was at that moment I was hooked for life.

10. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

Steelheader,
    I'm sorry if my post upset you, or anyone else. Yes, I was just a kid when I did this. (I've been fishing for over 20 years now) Would I do this type of thing again at my age? Heck no! Would I seriously ground my kids if I found any of them doing something like that? You Betcha!
    I was definitely not trying to encourage this type of behavior, I was just sharing my very first fishing experience exactly as it happened.
    I am a very concientious fisher(woman), and find people that disrespect/abuse the land, water, fish, or other fisherman's rights to be very upsetting.

11. I will venture a guess that most of us started in a little creek or pond.
    Dad had taken all uf us kids fishing before but this is the one that got me hooked. My first time was with a broken limb, line and some of my dads hooks. I was the one incharge and it was up to me to put fish on the table, that is how a five year boy looked at it. I caught seven sunfish that went on the stringer. Mom took pictures of me and my big catch. I then got to clean my first fish with my dad looking on over my shoulder.
    I can still see those orange belleyed sunfish being britter than the sun.
    Nice memories. I still have those pictures.