close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First fishing trip in ohio

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Big Bubba, Nov 11, 2004.

1. I am going fishing in Ohio for the very first time this weekend. I will be steelheading satruday and sunday, but i would also like some info on some other trout streams. I would really appreciate any help. I am particularly interested in some catch and release trout streams. :confused:

2. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

What part of Ohio are you going?? :confused:

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Big Bubba,

Are you the guy I met on the Cuyahoga River with your son on Saturday the 6th? You were just up from Georgia.
    Post in the NE Ohio section for steelhead advice.

4. Georgia???
    What part????
    I grew up on the Chattahoochee.
    My folks live in Dunwoody and I moved up here from Sugar Hill.
    Down on the river is good for trout.
    It's just about striper season at the dam.

5. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Hey Inspector,

This person was from the Atlanta area (like you) and just got back from bass fishing a lake on the Georgia/North Carolina border. Rt 19 runs along the east side of it. Don't remember the name, I think it begins with an A.
    If your the person I met you were going to Atlantic Bait and Tackle for some Mini-Foo jigs for the steelhead. The other guy gave you 6lb mono for your reel to fish for the steelheads.
    Did you do any good? I came back on Tuesday and filled my freezer with
    12-14" shad for the spring catfish bite on the Ohio River.

6. Lewzer,
    I'm not the guy you met.
    Rt 19 runs along the east side of Lake Lanier, but it's not on the border.
    This time of year, we would fish for large stripers at the Lake Lanier Dam.
    Lake Hartwell is a huge lake on the GA./NC border.
    If it starts with an "A", it could be Lake Alltoona. Great river system lake I used to fish for big hybrids. A 5lb. hybrid fights like a 12lb largemouth or spot.
    I'm thinking of trying some steelhead fishing this weekend, but I not sure where and with whom.