close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Fish Story

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Apr 19, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

The girlfriend was buggin me for about 2 weeks to take her fishing. So last week we went out and got her fishing license and I took her to Mogadore. We got skunked from the Jon Boat. Well this past weekend, I decided to take her to another spot near my parents house. She catches on pretty fast. Never really fished in her life, and never got a fish, I thought this was going to be an adventure. The wind was blowing pretty good, so the casting of a spinning reel and navigating the overhead trees and such, I figured I would be untangling line all day. I started off casting out for her and setting the hook on some gills. After about 10 of those, I asked her if she was paying attention to what I was doing, she said yes. So I turned over the controls to my girlfriend. Well, she casted probably better than me. As soon as she casted out, she said she had a fish. I was like yeah right!!!! Well she did, and of coarse it was probably one of the biggest crappie that I have seen come out of this pond we were at. Being that it was her first fish ever, and the crappie went 11", not a monster by anymeans, but not bad for a first fish, I am mounting it for her. She asked me if we could keep it, I told her she could keep it forever after I taxidermy'd it for her. So she kept casting and catching fish, baiting her own hook, and taking the fish off the hook as well. I showed her all this in about 5 min. She is a quick learner I guess. Then I started thinking....She was using my brand new St. Croix rod and Quantum reel, while I was using a Berkly Cherrywood rod. Now shouldn't it be the other way around. Oh, well....I am just glad she had a good time. I might have a fishing buddy for life now, cause thats all she talks about is when are we going. A funny thing she said was " we are running out of bait" I about fell over....She wanted to go get more bait....I think I found a good woman...

:D flash--------------------------------------------out :D

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

bout time ben. check your pm's.

3. long story short meet my wife fishing now we hunt an fish 2gather every chance we get u got 2 love it man it don't get anybetter than that she got her 1st deer this yr
    need i say bigger than any buck i've ever got in 30+yrs of hunting in her 2nd yr
    now she tell's me she going 2 catch a bigger smallie than the 1 i have on the wall!!!!
    sounds like u got a keeper there young man !!!!
    mrtwister_jbo

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

My wife hates fishing and hates hunting. It's a good thing because now I have some one to watch the kids when I go. LOL

5. I second that Ncraft

Scott

6. Good Job Flash, I Think You May Have Found A Great Woman Also.....my Wife Of 12 Yrs Is The Same Way She Loves To Fish, But Sometimes I Have To Take The Rod From Her Because It Is Getting Embarassing When She Outfishes Me---just Jokin---good Job....happy Memories There Bud...eye4neye(tony)