close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Fish on the Fly

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Micro_Mini_Angler, May 29, 2007.

1. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

went to the Mad River Sunday got out there about 5:00 pm, on the water about 5:30, saw a few rises, so we wade over to a sewage output, (guess it is really clean) few bites, then we move down, I GOT ONE... it jumps out of the water pops off ! wade a bit more i finally get one landed! yea, my first fish on the fly. the guy that took me has been fly fishing since he was 12 years old, he was in his late 40's, early 50's, and he said u have to be fly fishing as long as i have to know how good i did Sunday. so i was really happy. well any ways, nothing big but it is a trout, Brown Trout. here is the pic.

[​IMG]

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Way to go Micro, Congrats on you first fish, Now your going to be dreaming of trout on the fly. S

3. congradulations---looks like a brown
    hard to tell from the belly

4. Micro_Mini_Angler

thanks guys, it was a lot of fun

5. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

way to go micro. lets see how fast you can strip on the smallies now:B

6. Micro_Mini_Angler

will be doing some smallie fishing with the fly pole Friday, what kind of flys do you recommend for smallies ?

7. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Try drifting buggers, or tossing streamers.

8. Micro_Mini_Angler

you mean a wooly bugger? that is what i caught my trout on

9. BlueDun

BlueDun Member

Congrat's on your first fish on a fly! It only took one on a fly to convert me. I have yet to go back to a spin/bait casting rod.

During this time of the year, I like using Sneaky Petes. Smallies love them. They float on the surface, so you can see the fish come in out of nowhere and smash the fly. :D Lots of fun!

Tight lines!