Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just moved to Ohio about a month ago for work and have not had any time to fish. So I was able to get some time off work and today was the first day of my vacation and I decided what better to do then get up early and go fishing. Well lets just say waking up early on my first day of vacation did not happen.

I woke up around 9 got ready and starting driving the same way I head to work because that is the only access point to the LMR that I know of so far and I see a guy fishing from the this bridge almost every morning. So I start off by going under the bridge to the rifle that I see this guy fishing and when I'm almost there there is an inlet from another creek and can't make it all the way there. I was pretty bummed out to say the least but fished from that point any ways for awhile. While I watched fish jumping by the rifle I was not even able to get a strike where I was. So I made my way back to the other side of the bridge while casting out along the way and found a nice little sand bar. Right off the sand bar there was a nice current and just past that the water got a little deeper. I starting casting all sorts if soft plastic into the deeper water and working it back to the current. After I tried every different kind of soft plastic known to man I finally pulled out a popper and castes that out about 20 times. I was feeling pretty defeated and started to pack my stuff up to leave, while gathering my gear I decided I could not leave until I caught a fish a threw out my next cast as I reeled it into the current a beautiful small moth hit it like it train. I pulled back set the hook and the fight was on. He tried everything in his power to stay in that current and get away. I finally pulled him out and then he decided to jump about four times prior to me getting him to the shore. There is no better feeling then to see such a pretty fish come shooting out of the water. After getting him to the shore and taking a picture I put him back in the river to fight another day.

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1375976375.856307.jpg
What a good looking fish

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1375976419.188552.jpg
And the popper that got him

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would have no problem doing that, But I can't see where I can edit at. It might be because I'm on my phone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have to love google earth. Think I found a new spot to try. Vacation = bored unless if your fishing I guess. I will post if I find any thing worth sharing.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah, GarrettMyers is correct. Many of us can tell from your description exactly where this was caught. It's a spot that already has a lot of pressure. It will get even more pressure if too many lurkers see this and it will be fished out for a while. It sounds like you're going to have to edit your post from a computer since the app on your phone lacks the edit button.

Thanks for the report and welcome to OGF and Ohio.

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
Welcome Deeps!! Great looking Smalljaw!!

·
A Fisherman
593 Posts
I am assuming this apot is the one with tons of trash. Saw a broken rod an reel stuck in the sand with the usual red worm blue containers and half drunk liter bottles. So little respect for our natural resources.. :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very true. Its sad that people abuse it like that. I don't understand how hard it is for people to pack out what they packed in.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts