close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First day on the ice...

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

First time I've iced fished in the Cincinnati area, lived down here for 4 years and this is the first time I've saw good ice and had free time to get on it! Fished a 2 acre pond, that had 5-6"'s of good crystal clear ice on it. Only managed to catch 3 fish, but had fun doing it.

Brought home a nice largemouth, a dinky largemouth (owner of the pond doesn't want any largemouths released basically) and a decent gill.

[​IMG]

Nice chunky winter time bass:

[​IMG]

Appologize in advange if the pictures showed up HUMONGOUS, the old lady had the resolution cranked on the camera, didn't realize it, and didn't feel like resizing them:D

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Another one hooked!:D Congrats on the nice catch.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Nah, man, long time ice fisherman just stuck in an area that seems to be inconducive to it. Rarley do we have good ice down here and when we do it last a couple days :(

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Ah- I understand now. Still nice to be out. I'll be on Buckeye tomorrow early and for most of the day. Lets hope they decide to bite tomorrow.

5. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Been out ice fishing probably 5-6 times, panfish etc,jigging for saugeyes. Boring,boring,boring! NO wading,you sit in one spot(heck,you SIT?!?!?!),no scenery,esp if you're in a shanty. No thanks,not for me....feels like a prison sentence sitting there staring at that lil hole,I'll stick to warmwater outlets and steelhead in the winter,TC1

6. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Good job on the catch. I'm anti ice myself.

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Beats sitting in the house in my opinion. I took the dogs out today and ran them on the ice, was halarious watching them slide all over the place chasing frisbees!

8. good to hear there is some good ice back home. i'll take bucket sitting anyday over the house!