close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Class Operation--Norton Marine

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Shortdrift, Apr 22, 2004.

1. I took my boat into Norton Marine yesterday for a factory recall gasket replacement. When the work was completed I hooked up and left. My truck broke down about 2 to 3 miles from Norton. :( I was very concerned about leaving my boat when the truck was towed, called Norton and asked if they could come and take my boat back to their shop. Scott came right out, took me and the boat back to the shop and helped me locate a tow. All this help given with a smile and they stored the boat inside for the night until I picked it up today. :) That is what I call super customer service! :cool: I'm really glad I purchased from Norton Marine. :)

2. What Happened To Your Truck Ron?

3. Something went wrong with the left front disc brake. Locked up the wheel so hard that it broke the tire bead which resulted in a ruined rim. Had it towed back to the dealership that did the brake job two weeks ago and they covered the $125 tow, the new rim and fixed whatever was wrong. No hassle. Sure is nice to have a problem fixed without having to argue. Once again I am ready to wage war on whatever swims. This weekend will be walleye, or steelhead, or perch, or crappie or goldfish in my patio pond if necessary.

4. Glad you got back on the road and the water. You can yell at Richard for buying the trailer.

5. You can't go wrong dealing with Norton Marine.
    They always make an effort to keep a customer happy.
    They will be my only marine provider when it is time for another one. I will be a return customer.

6. WillyB

WillyB Go Bucks!!!

I have bought 2 boats off of them and have been very happy with them. My buddy bought one from them this spring. Oh yea, we both live about 2 hours south of Norton Marine.

7. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Thats funny. I have never baught a boat there, but I have ordered parts for my Merc. from them 3 differents times. They would tell me the parts would be in 4 or 5 days, but would not take payment or even a depost for the parts. I never received any of the parts. I don't even know if they ever intended to order them. Each time I gave them a call 1 week later and 2 weeks later than the placement of the order to hear them say "don't have it" and I got the impression they didn't care. I have a used boat, but am planning on buying new in the next few years. I was kind of nervous for this reason to buy from them. They are less than 5 minutes from my house and I now drive someplace else or order on the internet to get my boating needs. Maybe I just am not spending enough money to get the service you guys are getting, I don't know. If they can't supply my needs without buying a boat from them I think twice before buying a boat from them.

8. I've bought parts, had service and just gone in to BS and look at the boats there many time. Every time I go in they treat me like i spent a million bucks there and go out of there way to help me get what I need. Just bought a new/lund from a private owner which is still under warranty and will not hesitate to take it there for anything it needs. :)