close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Carp Experience - Looking for more info

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by MarrakeshExpress, Jul 12, 2005.

1. I was down in Virginia on vacation this last week and happened to catch a few carp, both of which were a lot of fun on my med-light 8lb spinning rig. I've never really targeted them before, mostly going for smallmouth and some catfishing, but those two I caught have peaked my interest in the fish. The first one I caught was about 26" and the second one was a plump 33". I didn't have a scale with me so I couldn't weigh them, but my girlfriend has a picture of the second one on her camera, which I'll post here when she gets it sent to me. Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys could point me towards some worthwhile websites dealing with carp, since I don't know too much them, at least in terms of what sorts of bait and lures to use. I caught the first carp on live nightcrawler and the second one on a 1/32 oz jig with a 2 in. grub on it. Both of these were caught while targetting some nice bluegill the lake contained. Thanks for any advice you guys provide.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

carpanglersgroup.com
    i use corn for bait most of the time.. :)

3. soua0363

soua0363 Master of Nothing

You really dont need much to target carps once you locate them. All you need is a decent rod and reel, size 4 hooks, bass casting sinkers, and corn. Dough bait works too but corn hardly ever fails.

4. Here's the pics of the second carp (33") that I caught. Finally managed to get them off my girlfriend's camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]