Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hadn't been out in over a week due to weather and work so decided to hit the bouy this evening before work. Got setup a little past 3 and headed through our marks from two weeks ago. Nothing in the first hour so just kept heading east. First fish was a 9 pound 10 ounce slob. Ended up fishing a small area all to ourselves east of the pack. We got our limit and two throw backs in less that 4 hours and only about 8 junk fish. We had 5 rods go at one time and manage to land all 5 walleyes. The only reason the other disnt go is because it was in the boat already. 3 ounce 88 and 90 back was best but tru-trip 40's 140 back took fish too. Salamander and purple muffin was best but crazy corn, custom neon lights with pink back and a dj custon pink with orange dots took fish as well.

8 pounds 9 oz and 9 pounds 10 oz

We almost needed a bigger cooler. The fish were flopping out

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Nothing wrong with that trip brother

Ron

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was in that same area last Friday and we killed 'em as well. Glad to hear it is still hot. I am going to try this Friday and I was wondering where to go, but I think you have made up my mind. There were only two of us on the boat last week and I had the boat on auto pilot for about two hours so we had to move away from the pack. All alone and couldn't keep four poles in the water the whole time. We used purple and green stingers on 40 jets 150 & 160 back. Dipsies on #3 setting at 55 with same color worm harnesses. Speed was about 1.7 to 2.1. Started fishing @ 12:15 and were headed in by 4:00. Caught one under 15" and the rest ran from 17" to 27.5" was our biggest.

Great job on the line. I'll post how we do if the trip materializes.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys sorry I forgot to mention speed. 1.9 to 2.2 mph pulling double willow harness. Salamander, purple muffin, and crazy corn are silver streak colors and so is neon lights but i painted the back pink on that one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts