close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Bass Of 2005.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cllmsl1, Jan 26, 2005.

1. I have been skunked on every trip this year. My friend landed a 3.5 largemouth on January 4th with a black/blue jig. Has anyone landed any bass yet this year? If so, when and how! My last bass was Dec. 12th on a cheap spinnerbait in 6in of water!

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Does outta state count? My first fish of 05 was a 5.5lb smallie outta Dale Hollow 2 weeks ago. GREAT way to start the season :D

3. nice catch, what state?

4. ShakeDown

TN! We also caught (3) 4lbr's, and a bunch of 3-3.5's. Great winter trip.

5. not a bad trip at all! I'm in columbus, and still trying, I'm really making it hard and going strictly for largemouth, plus the river is so high, smallmouth are out of the question.

6. catking

catking Banned

My brother has caught quite a few LMBass this year. The largest being 3.5 pounds . They were all caught on shallow running crank baits . They were all caught in a river down here in the SW ....... CATKING

7. ShakeDown

just an FYI, Dale Hollow is only a 6 hour drive south of Columbus. Makes a great weekend trip.

8. I caught about 15 New Year's Day on Santee Cooper in South Carolina. Nothing was over 3lb's though.

9. so, anyone in Ohio? If you ever have in these condintions, what worked, what didnt?

10. Work a worm or jig really slow across the bottom. Works great in the winter.

11. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I have not fished yet this year, but in the cold months I always have done best with a blue and black jig dragging on bottom slowly. a jig with a rattle is just a little better I think! My mounted bass, was caught that way. Along with many others of smaller to decent sizes

12. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

King, your brother sounds like a great Fisherman...To bad it does not rub off on all family members :D :p

13. catking

catking Banned

You are correct Jackson, it didn't rub off of his nephew cwcarper :D DA KING !!!

14. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I love to fish a jig too. But i can't find a bass tough enough to bust through 4" of ice to get it. As soon as the ice gets off the small ponds and lakes anything dragged slowly on the bottom will work like some have already mentioned. Best part is you get some really nice fish.

15. brandonjh00

brandonjh00 wannabebasspro

Finally, got a chance to get out this weekend! Caught 3 bass on a deep diving jerkbait and 2 on the black/blue jig. Felt great! Figures that tomorrow its going to snow! It was fun while it lasted

16. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

where did you catch them at?? a river?