close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First bass for my sweet baby

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by lpead, Jun 22, 2007.

1. In the last two trips she's caught a total of about 27 blue gill. Here is her first bass. No trophy, but we couldn't have been happier. :B

[​IMG]

2. shadesplace

shadesplace Game Champion

Congrats on a great catch. Where were you fishing at. The water there looks perfect.

3. It is private pond about 5-6 acres. It is awsome. The fish can be extremely aggressive.

4. shadesplace

Figures its a private pond lol. You can tell its well taken care of.

5. Great to see the kids smiling. I have a 5 month old son and I can't wait until he can hold his own fishing rod. I can't wait to feel the joy of him catching his first fish and knowing im the reason why. Congrats man, Keep up the fish.

Jake

6. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Nice first bass, its awsome to see the kids catch some fish they really get excited and intrigued by the fish. Congrats. S

7. shadesplace

I have a 8 month old son I can't wait for the same thing. We have taken him fishing a few times and he is always curious about the fish. Its great to see his excitement. I can't wait until he's a little older and see him catch his first fish.

8. We have a few fish tanks in our house and he will sit and stare for hours on end without a peep just watching these fish. We have a two fish in a 30 gallon tank a Cichlid and a Picostomas or however the spelling is, these fish will hit and swim into eachother all the time. My boy Landon just laughs and can't keep his eyes off them. I hope he will feel and react the same way when its pulling on his fishing line ;)

Jake

9. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

That is just Awesome! :) WB

10. Thanks for the nice replies. This kid is great. I got her started when she was four. She pretty much does everything on her own. The only thing left is removing the fish. She tries but the small hands make it tough. Last night she was getting close so probably just another couple trips.

You guys with young ones, don't get in too big of a hurry but when they get older they are a blast.

11. thats one nice bass shes got there.

my son zane just turned 5 and ive had him hooked since he was 1 i belong to a private club that premotes young children fishing tournaments for the kids to get them outdoors and and fishing and the kids have a blast, for my son the hurry thing started as soon as he caught his first blue gill, this year hes already caught a 10" crappie and now he wants more, what more could i ask for!!! LOL !!!:D

12. Took the family out on CC Sat night for the fireworks, what a show, the echo through the lake was like nothing else! Droped the wife and my oldest daughter off at ramp about 12 so my 11 year daughter and I could spend the night on the boat for the first time. Good thing we got a cuddy cabin, but the light rain put me right to sleep, havent slept that well in weeks it was awesome. Woke up about 730 and she woke up 20 min later, she came stumbleing out with one eye open falling towards her pink fishing pole and couldnt get in the water fast enough. She out fishes me every time we go.

13. iteech

iteech Shebasser

I think teaching kids to fish is like giving them a treasure chest of gold--it will make them happy all their lives. My 10-year-old grandson's dad is not a fisherman--mom even less--so it was up to me to "hook him", and I did! I started when he was very little, and he was insane about it--still is. My very best memory is of tucking him in bed one night when he was only 4, and when I passed by his bedroom an hour later, I saw him laying there wide-eyed and smiling. I walked in and asked what was wrong and he said "nothin's wrong, Nana. I was dreamin' 'bout BISHING, and I woke up and my mouth is still smiling, so I can't go back to sleep!" I almost melted into a pool on the floor--I'll never forget it. I hugged him and told him as soon as he "waked up" we would go fishing and he would catch a big one...and he did. He pronounced it "bishing" until he was 6 or so...so cute...and what a great fisherman he is today! He can fish with the 'big boys'--he's got a sophisticated rod and reel, this amazing full tackle box, and he's into 'reading' the weather and water conditions etc...he's caught some huge lunkers by himself (and a 23-lb cat, I had to hold his waist so it wouldn't pull him in, but he did it!), and now he can fish for anything anywhere, and catch 'em like crazy. Wow. He's gonna get Nana a Mercedes in her old age...from the Bass Pro circuit!! :D

14. cant ever go wrong with teaching the youth and kids of today about fishing or outdoors in general, u know i feel that if they had some sort of fishing or outdoor after school thing for kids and teenagers, alot of kids would probally be doing alot more than play video games, heck whose to say u couldnt set up a school sport for fishing for highschool kids and have school matches at lakes close to the schools. theres def not a short abundance of lakes and rivers in ohio to fish.

iteech if u get in at the club trust me the grandchildren will love the kids fishing tournaments every child gets a ribbon, and 1st thru 3rd gets trophies, my son already this year has one 1st place and all he talks about when people come over is how he won first place and all the fish he caught.

15. Hey lpead that private pond isn't north of the city near Miller lane is it?

16. Nice fish. My kids have been at me about taking them fishing. I hope to have them out on the water this weekend.