Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a very nice new .380 semi auto for my wife's ccw in fall of 2016. I bought if from one of the leading pistol manufactures by reputation. They were renowned for their German and Swiss made pistols and now have factory's in NH. Long story short, the pistol will fail to feed when fired every time. Ammunition didn't matter nor did amount of rounds in the mag. Wife was iffy on a semi auto to begin with, after that there was no way. I bought her a titanium .38 and all is well. So today I get the expensive paperweight out of the safe and call the manufacture whom touts a "lifetime warranty" After a 15 min wait on the phone I explain my issue.... brand new firearm, will not fire twice. He said fine he would send me a shipping label for $55.00 because the firearm was over a year old. This was my first and last purchase from this company. Bummer.

·
Registered
806 Posts
That sounds less than a lifetime warranty. I'm not connecting the dots of your description of manufacture to identify your non performing firearm. Can you be more specific?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I’ve spent hundreds of hours on the range and seen tons of theese issues with this gun , if it’s the one I think it is. The rails need to be greased to the hilt for the first 300 rounds , and you can’t limp wrist it at all. Personally I think it and it’s bigger brother are not made well in general and that specific company should stay out of the small 1911 style game and stick to the da/sa. I’m not saying this is your issue. I have no doubt it’s the gun, and it’s a pretty common issue.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I would polish the feed ramp and ask sig to send you a flat wire spring. Or sell it because it’s not a gun you want to stake your life on.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I would call them back about their alleged warranty.... right before i hit the (post reply) with a pic of the gun!

·
Retired
380 Posts
My police department had sig saucers until the first time we qualified. The Chief of Police threw the damn thing in a pile of water and mud after it continuously mis-fed. Shortly after, we went to Glocks. Those guns suck big time.

·
Banned
1,759 Posts
Polish the feed ramp...problem solved

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Is it a p238? I’ve never had a problem with mine and carry it all the time. That stinks if they won’t take care of it. I trust mine and have used it for cc it for many years.

Did you try another mag?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I feel for ya CFI. The P series guns are pretty decent from what I gather but I wouldn’t even consider owning any other platform from sig.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
When Sig came out with the Mosqeto 22 I couldn't wait to get one. Jumped in and paid top dollar
when they came out. It was very disappointing to say the least. Both accuracy and function, it was
$400 worth of junk. I've had 45 & 9mm Sigs ( made in Germany) and they shot and preformed well
I don't believe I will go out of my way for any Sig.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm somewhat new to this side of OGF, can we not name a specific firearm in a negative review?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
You’re fine, I think the OP was just being courteous. There’s a thread almost 40 pages long of us trashing Glocks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You’re fine, I think the OP was just being courteous. There’s a thread almost 40 pages long of us trashing Glocks.
Copy that. I have been following the Glock thread, there is some absolute gold in there.

I'd like a perfectly functioning 1911. Ok, let's be realistic, what color dragon would you like?

Huuuuularious

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
The Ruger and S&W .380's run well. They are inexpensive too. My Bodyguard has never had a single failure and I've run all kinds of ammo through it.

·
ST CLAIR SLAYER
10,169 Posts
Lol....the glock thread was ment to glorify glocks...the 1911 fan boys wanted to play...I like em all but I'll side with the dragonflies

1 - 20 of 21 Posts