Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A friend of my was stopped out at mogadore by odnr.He was fined for not having a few items,one of the items was a boat registration, He has the correct hull numbers and decal. They told him that he had to have the boat registration (papers) on board at all time,

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I feel sorry for him but if he wants to take a boat on the water..he should know the law...And that is one of them,,, the registration with the boat at all times...Mine is with my fishing liscense in my wallet......JIM.....

·
river & muskie angler, dayhiker
772 Posts
went canoeing on the tusc river sat the fourth and a watercraft officer was at the ramp and was checking the canoes and yaks that came off the river. got my safety sticker, he did ask for the registration also.

·
Scourge of Hoover
1,869 Posts
Holiday weekends are usually big for boat inspections from water officers. You do need to know what you are supposed to have, and are subject to a fine if you don't.

FWIW - I was stopped at Hoover on Sunday and though I had all my gear and would have passed my fire extinguisher gauge showed a little low (just out of the green full charge) and I didn't get my sticker. I was annoyed at first at something so trivial, but I realized they want everyone to be safe and better I know now vs. the time when I might really need it.

·
Flatulent Entreprenuer
2,601 Posts
ODNR may not check you, but the coast guard on Erie will. (International waters) Their rules are slightly different than the state and they are a little stricter. Erie guys, check the coast guard regs to make sure you're ALL THE WAY legal. I got my sticker at the ramp and was boarded by the coast guard in Lorain harbor. They required one or two more things over the state regs.

·
river & muskie angler, dayhiker
772 Posts
What are the requirements for a canoe on the tusc river.
As far as flag, lights, estinquisher etc...

any diffrence from a river to being on a state lake as far as regs ???

Thanks
don't know of any difference between lakes and rivers. all he checked me for was registration and life jackets. nothing else.

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
A friend of my was stopped out at mogadore by odnr.He was fined for not having a few items,one of the items was a boat registration, He has the correct hull numbers and decal. They told him that he had to have the boat registration (papers) on board at all time,
my registration is a plastic card about size of a drivers license. keep it in my wallet along with fishing license. if you don't have one, call ODNR watercraft and see if you can get one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thursday at mosquito an officer pulled up to my buddy's boat just for a lifevest check. He didn't even ask if we had fishing license's.
He talked awhile to us about how the fishing had been, (rather nice guy really).
About 5 min. later he took off after some ying-yang driving fast with somebody on the very tip of the boat. Now, that's just crazy!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts