close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Findlay resevoir

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Polaris2004, Feb 15, 2005.

1. I was just wandering how early in the year guys start to fish the reservoir for walleyes and crappies. Before i was limited to shore fishing but know i have a boat. Bought it late in the fall and did not get out and i am goin nuts to get out and use it.

2. I was speaking with my dad tonight about this. He told me shortly after ice out when the days start staying warm for extended periods of time that the crappie fishing picks up big time in Reservoir #2 from shore. I am sure there are probaly some nice sunken trees or other fish attracters that can be fished from a boat. It has been a few years since I fished in Ohio and this area. But, I remember pulling some nice crappie from reservoir #2 shore fishing near the deep pool on live minnows and White plastic grubs.

3. ice out is a great time to fish, fishing slow is the key, still a lot like hardwater fishing though vertical presentations work best.