close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Findlay reservoir

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cherrell136, Jul 26, 2007.

1. cherrell136

cherrell136 she fishes too

Anyone doing any fishing in Findlay? Wondering if it is worth going to.

Thanks

2. the catfishing seems to be doing really good,..if you use live sunfish for bait and fish on bottom.....I seen some using chicken livers or worms though and they didnt do as well

3. cherrell136

4. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

Try using fresh raw peel and eat shrimp. I know that sounds like expensive catfish bait, but it is really not. Better than any bait that i have found for the Findlay resovoirs for catfish.

5. fshnfreak

fshnfreak I fish therefore I am!!

i agree with the raw shrimp as the best all around catfish bait for ease of use and not bein messy but if u wanna catch bigger cats stick with the live gills. more than likely u wont have to many 20-30 fish nights but dang you'll have some fun reelin in alot of bigger cats.

6. cherrell136

My ex used to get the shrimp and let them sit in the sun for a while, boy they stunk but they sure did work.

I read on here the other day some guy talking about the flavor of flathead. Is there really that big of a difference between them and say Channel cats?

I have never caught/eaten flathead before (he said that he rated them right up there with Walleye.????

7. TheBiteIsOn

TheBiteIsOn TheBiteIsOn

How Would I Get To Findlay Res. Comming From Toledo? Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated

8. TheBiteIsOn

TheBiteIsOn TheBiteIsOn

:s Tried Findlay Res #2 This Evening From 8:30pm Till After 11:00 Pm, Got 1 Cat Right Before Dark And 2 Bullhead After Dark....was Using Shrimp To No Avail....are These Cats Being Caught Durring The Day Or Nite? We Got Nothing But A Mouth Full Of Bugg's, They Were Terriable...herd Alot Of Fish Hitting The Surface....white Bass, Walley? O Well, Just Another Day In Paradise, A Bad Day Fishing Is Better Then A Good Day At Work:s

9. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

I caught 3 cats on Sunday, in the middle of the day on shrimp in Resovoir 2

10. Believe it or not, if you catch some little ( maybe 3 inches ) sunfish/bluegill , and use them for bait right on the bottom out as far as you can throw,....this will catch the catfish better than any other type of bait at night. A lot of people dont know this but catfish are predators and even though they arent picky about what they eat, they do prefer to take live swimming bait over any dead stinky stuff you can throw at them.

11. Guys what you have to think about is the NATURAL prey that the cats eat when you are not there.How do you think I got that 40 pound flattie out of the Maumee last Sunday?????

12. thanks for the info rebel

13. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy