Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at Findlay Reservoirs yesterday and saw where they have some test nets out in Reservoir 2. Anyone know what they're doing?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
I bet a survey of population of Perch or Walleye. I've seen that in the past, but seems kind of early.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply, Ress. You're right. I ran into them out there yesterday and they said they're studying the perch population. They said it's a little early but they didn't want to miss them. I recently moved to Findlay and am looking for good places to fish. The ODNR guys told me Lake Erie is my best bet. They couldn't really recommend any place else around here.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Lots of hit or miss with these up ground waters. Think of it as a bowl with no structure. I've had some great catches, meaning 6 to 12 keepers. Lots of 0's to. Seems like small Red Worms work the best.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Red1, I'm from Celina/Grand Lake & could show you around our local water. The crappie fishing here on GLSM is quite good. I haven't taken the time to target them yet this year but should be getting out the next week or so to some of my favorite spots. The early season bite will pick up considerably over the next 6 weeks or so. Bank or boat fishing is fine with me you have a preference. If you're interested in catching some nice crappies PM me your contact information & I'll give you a call. My cell # is 419-305-8111 w/ text & voicemail. Have a good day. Mike Bruns Celina,OH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts