Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has been hitting the res lately. I haven't been out there for quite a while. Anything happening? Have the white bass grown up any?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I been out 6 times past 2 weeks. Fishing for perch. Caught one in those 6 days. Going over my "little black book" i had well over 300 in the freezer this time last year. Mostly caught between Aug 2nd- Aug 11th. Frustrating! Gonna keep at it.

Yes the white bass are biting but very small.

·
Banned
6,703 Posts
Caught a 11 incher on a rooster tail off the floating dock on #2 last week. A buddy was throwing a small tubejig and got a 10 incher. That was it. They are not around the normal places this year, I beleive the great catch last year and the fact the water temp is around 76 they have been hard to get going. The fall hopes to be better.

·
Registered
106 Posts
i haven't fished the res. much for perch but what is the ideal bait when fishing from a boat to get them? i fish up on erie a lot and up there its all minnows pretty much. what do they hit in the res?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im going Saturday for cats and whatever...but mostly cats...havent been there in a year...cant wait..what kinda bait you using brother ???

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've never fished reservoir 1. I always fish the north shore of 2. Been using Benny Roberts "Sure Shot" punch bait and some punch bait that I made. Ive had alot of success with both. You usually get pretty good numbers with dip bait out at the res but there rarely over 5lbs. There's a lot of cut shad in the "Sure Shot" so it tends to catch some bigger fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts