close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Findlay Res.

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by walleye warrior, May 23, 2004.

1. walleye warrior

walleye warrior Clearfork Muskie Addict

I was thinking of taking the boat out on findlay for some night fishing. Does anyone on here fish the lake regularly. I live in Columbus , but have a buddy in that area, and the one time I fished it from shore we knocked the snot out of the eyes. Just searching for a little insight, I guess. Also I have the same question about Killdeer. Thank you.

2. I used to fish there for eyes' after dark,I used to get them on fireball jigs tipped with a piece of worm.I'm also trying to get info on Killdeer,I know they have a 10hp limit,but I don't know if you're allowed to fish it after dark.

3. Fished findlay for some cats the other night. It was slow at first but then I landed a good 10 pounder on shrimp. Had a couple other good bites and some great laughs but that was about it. Chubb Fisher strikes again!!!!!!!!!!

Chubb Fisher 1
    Walley Warrior 0

4. Chubb Fisher when you fish for cats at findlay do you fish from the bank or from a boat i cant ever get anything of size from the bank there. What bank do you fish from? And what do you use for bait just shrimp?

5. We have fished it several time`s in the dark with crankbait`s. Take a spotlight and look for fish with trolling motor when you see several drop a marker bouy on them and come back and anchor after you have marked several little group`s. We fish wiggle wart`s first then switch to jig`s and tail`s for less active fish. Also slip bobber`s work good for this but it take`s a little more patience. SHADOWALKER,,,,,,,P.S.The white bass are hitting now.

6. walleye warrior

walleye warrior Clearfork Muskie Addict

Buckeye angler, dont put any stock into what chubb says, I had to take that cat off the hook for him. but for your question we have only ever fished it from the bank, but are thinking of boating it on sunday. we fished the west shore that night and only used shrimp.

thanks for the heads up shadow. I think i'll try that the next time out. where abouts are you getting the white bass.

7. They seem to be all over you can really see them when it`s calm.I alway`s do well on north bank by the pump in station. shadowalker