Finding a price on a reel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Perchy101, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

I recently ran across a steal.... St. Croix 7' pole with a daiwa reel on it...

I really don't like the reel, and I'm looking to sell it... And go back to my tradional reel that i've grown used to.

Its a Daiwa Capricorn 3500XTC.

Any ideas on how much guys?

I've checked Bass Pro and cabelas but couldn't find much - maybe I over looked it.

2. Check with Dick's. I think they are the only one's selling them. I did a google search on that reel and read, on someone's message board, that the XCT was made exclusively for Dick's. It's made in China and they've had their share of problems. I read that repair parts are impossible to get.

I breifly looked at that reel because I was told the Shimano Stradic and Sustain would no longer be made in Japan (now produced in Maylasia). That didn't give me warm and fuzzy's but neither does China.

3. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

EZ has this combo and i have this reel it is worth about $50. the one i have has a bail problem

4. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

capricorns are being replaced with tierras(so ive read). i got the same combo, ive been problem free with it. only have used it about 6 or 7 times. id say what JustinS did, about $50.00