close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

find a pond

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ron-y, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ron-y

ron-y

hi there
    i just came across this site and my gf and i have 5days off in which to find a fishing spot any suggestions will be appreciated We dont really care what we catch but if we hooked a smallie or bigmouth that would just be a huge plus,wolud like small lake or pond or river we like to fish probably cant be called fisherman ,anyway i read about mccomb res i think that sounds fun or if anyone noes of boat rental on small lake ,sorry i am rambling an rather anxuious to get going somewhere
    oh yea we are in toledo but anywhere in the state is fine
    thanks
    ron

2. RJB

RJB

3. ron-y

ron-y

thanks for the reply i guess we are going to go to fletchers flood waters in alpena but i will try this before summer is over
    thanks again
    ron

4. sounds like an interesting place to fish, I read through the whole site trying to find any limits but must have skipped over it. It says that you have to register any cost involved?

If I get a spare couple of hours this weekend I might try that if anyone has fished here before is it worth the trip from perrysburg?

5. in order to get a spot on any of the lakes you have to call 419-636-6189 on mondays starting at 8 am for the following thurs,sat,sun.its tough getting threw, just keep hitting speed dial. i do beleive there are a few ponds that do not require a permit but not sure witch ones they are. the last i heard the limit on the bigger lakes were only ten blugill each unless the dnr upped the limit. thats a long drive for ten blubill. you will catch a ton of lm bass though any where from 10 to 14 inches, they have to be 17 in. to keep i think. hope this helps.

6. theres a nice pond out in twinsburg its called longwood park..