close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally !!

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by irishfisherman, Sep 2, 2004.

1. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

At long last, i rigged up a 6" Gulp worm, and caught my first smallie using plastics, no sooner had a released it, and cast in a few more times something took the worm off with a hard hit, and clean i might add just an inch below the hook, then along comes this monsterours hog (to me anyway) LOL had to be in the 4-5lb range (I reckon) and over 20 inches, just eyeing me up and the stump of my worm right off the bank of my neighbours pond, despite repeated casts around the area i couldnt get him, even though he followed the new worm a few times, i switched to cranks and still no luck... man i wish i could have got him in the net :confused:

2. Good job on the plastics! I have not even tried the Gulp baits yet myself. I have heard a lot of good things about them. However I think they are more expensive than some others as well which is probably what has always kept me from grabbing them.

You said you were catching smallies in a pond? I am curious to hear how they do in that pond. I know they will grow well but I wonder whether they are reproducing?

3. Congrats on the smallie! Plastics have got to be one of the most deadly and consistent lures for ponds and other smaller bodies of water. I use a 6 inch plastic lizard from spring through fall and manage to always catch at least one or two with it, sometimes more. It will catch small and large fish!

4. I hear a lot of people that like lizards. I tried them several years ago with limited success and have opted for worms instead. I may have to get some again and try them.

5. JBJ

JBJ

I only have a couple of plastics that have produced well for me. Zoom trick worms and Bearpaw's Custom Poured Baits "Grim Reaper". The trick worm has bailed me out a few times from getting skunked and the Grim Reaper consistantly finds bass for me.

http://www.bearpawshandpouredbaits.com/main.html

6. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Hey BK i can vouch that smallies do VERY WELL as far as producing in small ponds, my father-inlaws pond has about hmmmm i'm gonna say 9 smallies in it (going by what i was able to catch on 1 given day) i'v put 1 or 2 in there myself from neighbours ponds with permission, but anyway, this yr taking a walk around the pond i was shocked to see just how many baby bass there were.. i counted at least 4-5 under 4 inches and as many as 10 in the 4-6 inch range maybe some alittle bigger, the pond isnt that big so i dont know how they're all doing so well, i'm thinking of pullin some outa there for someone elses pond.. i'v added a few Bluegills and a bunch of minnows (the minnows only created a feeding frenzy) poor buggers lol i'v even fed em' on feeder gold fish from the local pet store a few times... thats fun :p