Finally!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by pendog66, Aug 20, 2008.

1. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

After 3 very long months steve and i finally broke the HEX on the GMR and caught a couple flatheads last night. Steves flathead tip the scales at 32.9 pounds and mine was 10 pounds 6 ounces. We even were able to a get a baby flathead, which was the smallest i have ever seen. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. bigdogsteve-o

bigdogsteve-o The Catfishing God

It is about time that we got one, she put up a great fight when she got close to the bank.

3. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Congrats of the nice fish.

4. pendog66

thanks it just feels good to finally get one

5. bigdogsteve-o

thanks, hope to get out again and get some more this weekend

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

way to go. hopefully the fall fishing will be better than the spring/summer fishing !

7. hunted

hunted i missed again........

nice fish guys,congrats.

i seen a guy at deer creek spillway catch a flat about the size of that little one ya got there.

8. dood, i see a "notched" fin near the tail on that fish! is that spot where i think it is? ;) congrats, its been a horrible year for all us gmr flathead fisherman. i havent even busted a 20lb fish yet. :(

9. congrats on the fish, good to see steve back in action, ive been hearing that the fishing this year has been really tough, the spring and summer weather has killed the river fishing badly, hopefully the fall bite turns on to make up for the bad spring and summer...

10. bigdogsteve-o

I have been back to fishing for a while, just been having not so good luck getting hooked up on a big flatty. Hopefully we can get into more and that night not be a one hitter for each of us

11. pendog66

ive got the bug again, too bad we prolly wont catch another one until next year lol

12. bigdogsteve-o

oh I have the bug big time,and Nate, stop being a negative Nancy:)

13. i havnt fished the rivers in a while, ive been going out to the club alot, and we have been hitting them pretty good this year, smallest is 5lbs. and up with a few 30's and 40's being caught, so far my biggest is 25, seems like the lakes are doing really well around ohio this year and the rivers are just the opposite.

14. pendog66

this coming from the guy who the whole night, no matter what we catch im not goin to the river again. lol, and kept saying this all night

click click click click............ " If that happens again im (taking) your spot!"