close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally was able to scan xrays of the back

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Feb 19, 2005.

1. X ray 1

[​IMG]

Xray 2- You can see some of the screws that are made of titanium and are approx 2 and 1/4 inches long. You can see what looks like spacers inbetween the vertebrea, that is bone that is supposed to fuse itself to the vertabrea.

[​IMG]

Xray 3- Shows more of the screws, and of course the rods

[​IMG]

Most of you know, but these rods go from the s-1 disc to the L-3 disc!

Jason

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

dang dood.. that looks like it does hurt. hurt me just lookin at it.. :eek: :p

3. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Hope the Doc. ain't lookin for his car keys cuz I think I know where he left them. I have degen. disc. disease that runs in my family. My 37 y/0 bro. has been disabled now for about 6+ yrs. Uncles back looks like that only I think he has rod from top to bottom. Knock on wood mine has held pretty strong. Good luck and speedy recovery and I hope this is the last surgery you need.

bill

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have alot of lower back pain, that goes into my left hip and down my leg..sometimes I can get around at all for days, usually hits me a few times a year..Is this disc related or nerve?

5. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

Flathunter, I'm no Dr. but I would say it's both. Disk is pinching the nerve (sciatic nerve) I went through the same thing last summer, L-2 AND L-3. It was so bad I was in bed for a week and missed my daughters high school graduation. I was ready to cut the leg off. Luckily I have been able to get better on my own (knock on wood) Hopefully I'll be able to stay healthy, I never want to go through that again.

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Well Jack, I really know...... It's from the pain associated from your wifes foot being up your rear for fishing so long..... (So long w/ out results!) As I recall shes kicke dyour butt lately.

7. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

CPT, I feel your pain. When I was 17 2 weeks from graduating high school a couple friends and I were putting up hay for a farmer. To make a long story short I fell off the front of the wagon. The front tire ran over my legs/ankles which were crossed. Of course that hurt but it wasn't over as the tractor was enclosed the driver couldn't hear them yelling to stop and as the back axle approached I tried to lay flat but the axle was only about 6-7 inches from the ground and it just started rolling me except not gently. I ended up with broken leg just above the ankle a burst vertebrae(forget which one but more lower mid back) and a collapsed lung. The pressure from getting smashed forced so much blood into my eyes I was blind for about 3-4 hours. They said I was lucky they didn't pop out of my head. After the surgery my back xrays looked alot like yours except my rods were longer I think. AFter I fully recovered which took forever since I had a bad infection my back hurt everyday and I had alot of the nerve pain also You know what I mean when I say I would get those shockers that make you want to pass out. 3 yrs later I got an infection around the rods and they had to remove them. That was the best thing that ever happened to me as after they took them out all of the pinching nerve pain went away. My back still hurts from time to time and I will get a little nerve pain every now and then but it is tons better than when I still had the metal in there. The doctors always just told me that I need to live with the pain. Anyways this has turned into a long post After the vertebrae are fused don't be afraid to try and get them to take the metal out as it might be contributing.

8. Flathunter, Sounds like a disc problem, wich cause's nerve problems. But that is definatley nerve pain you are having!!!

9. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Jack, I had pain like you discribed but it wasn't severe or anything, but it did shoot down the leg at times. Decided to go to the chiropractor and it went away. Sometimes you just need realigned and may need a few times to get the muscles to "remember" how to keep verabrae where they need to be. I have also had the pain shooting down my arm and with adjustments it subsided. I am not saying get cracked and everything will be fine but for me when my back hurts or I am stiff I go and get adjusted. Sometimes it does take a couple visits to get it where it needs to be but in my opinion I would start with that. I know some people are dead set against chiros. but before they cut on me I will try all options first, even witch doctor herbs, which helped a guy at work who they said he needed surgery, he is fine now with no pain.

bill

10. What kinda "herb" :eek: :D them herbs can do a lot!!!

11. I had the same pain Jack and after an MRI confirmed broken bones and stress fractures in the back I waited till I could not do anything then had my surgery... I would still wait if I had to do it all over again too... My advice is if you can take the pain then take it buddy surgery should be the last option because there never is anyway to know how you will come out of it... I know several people who have had back surgery but I am the only one who can handle coming "BACK" from it...
    GOOD LUCK CPTN.CROWN

12. I agree with aturkeyhunter 100000000% I wish I didnt have it done. They will neeed to do more eventuly. I will wait untill i cant move at all before i get another back surgery!!!!!! When the surgeon says MAJOR, its MAJOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!