Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rick managed to drag himself out of bed around 7 a.m. today (I had been up and waiting since 4:30) and we headed over to my brother's place at Crystal Lakes around 8.

I had a good skunk going without so much as a nibble on either pole, when he landed three nice gills in a row. I was getting ready to throw in the towel when I caught a 7" gill, and as I'm reeling it in, he jumps up and said he had something on the line. He had given up on the cat pole and was fishing 3' deep with a wax worm. Took him a while to land it, but turned out to be a 24", 4 lb channel. And of course we left the house without a camera today! At least I remembered the scale/tape measure.

This is his personal best fish and am hoping he remembers the rush so he won't be so hesitant to go next time.

·
Shebasser
280 Posts
Tenderfoot husbands are a drag, honey. My husband had never held a pole in his life till he married me--I'm a southern belle from the deep Georgia woods, I was born with a catfish pole in my hands. He's an old hippie from CA--no kidding. Talk about a clash of cultures. Anyway he moaned and griped about "holding this thing till I go to sleep from boredom" and about the time he got that out of his mouth a 4-lb bass nearly tore it out of his hands--he had light tackle and a really sweet guided (me yelling) 5-minute battle later, he landed it. I will never forget the look on his face. SCORE. He's much more eager now, but still not the completely avid angler. He gets a kick, though...and he's happy to drive, so I take him once in a while, when I'm feeling patient!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts