Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't have any pics loaded yet on my PC.. but once i do i will post them here.. :)
we arrived at 2pm and saw fish splashing showing themselves everywhere.. i rigged up my hook with bread and cast out.. after several minutes of waiting my reel came to life.. another several minutes later a 6-7lbs mekong catfish comes into my net.. i was told that these guys are on the small side.. :confused:
another slice of bread and another cast.. again, on the same spot as before.. i waited about another 15minutes before my reel screamed again.. this time the fish was bigger and was pulling hard.. this is my first bigger fish of the year and i was a little excited, to say the least.. it took me around 15minutes to land this 20+lbs mekong.. the guys told me that there are fish that topped 30-40kg swimming in there.. wooow.. i will be coming to this place again forsure once i sort out my ride situation..
pics are to follow later on this coming week.. :)

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
Cool. Cant wait for the pics to come

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
finally:D
glad to hear you found some action.guess you're gonna need to beef up that carp tackle in case you get into those big bruisers.get the pics up.

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chaunc.. i was using 15lbs test line..
rick.. i have some beefier rods but i left them at home.. i was only using 1 rod and had a blast, i couldn't imagine using 2 or 3 rods.. LOL.. maybe its the heat that got to me over here.. i also can't imagine hooking into those biggies they are talking about either.. :p i can't wait. :)

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
great looking fish,dood:cool::D

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sweet Dood ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
neat looking cat. Looks like there is nice weather down there. :D

·
Registered
558 Posts
AK,

Good to see you back on line. That's a sweet lookin' cat, dood! Keep the pics and stories coming. I can't wait to hear about you hooking inot one of those 600-lb giants. Where's the carps?

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks fellers.. i would be catching some carp if the cats would leave my bait alone for a little while..:eek: ah well. i'm going to try my luck again this coming sunday.. and this time i'll be somewhat prepare.. LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts