close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally moved in!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KSUFLASH, Sep 23, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Some of you know and some don't, but I took a huge step last month. Got out of my 1 bedroom apartment and moved into a house with the girlfriend. It has been 4 weeks of crazy'ness. From packing, too moving, to staying at home for the water meter guy to come, the cable guy to come, and the phone guy to come. Then of coarse there is the unpacking. Can't forget the painting and laying of carpet before the move as well.

BUT I AM FINALLY ALL MOVED!!!!

The reason it is such a big step for me is that I have never lived with a girlfriend, and I am getting used to these things.

Some funny things that I have already noticed is when I place something where I will remember where I put it, it grows legs and moves to a new location. I have noticed I no longer have as much closet space as I did in my 1 bedroom apartment, there are probably 8 closets in the house, I have 1 of them, the others are reserved...i mean taken...haha.. I now have plenty of hair care products, and soaps to wash with. Most smell way too much like flowers... I found out what a loufa(spelling) was...those fancy wash thingys for your body....I see them hanging in the shower. Also have never seen so much makeup in my life, lighted mirrors, brushes, and high tech hair dryers. Oh, watch out for the curling iron. If the light is on, that thing is hot as heck. My back has been branded by it. Then there is the nick nacks and candles....Please don't light those expensive candles, they are for show and not for being lit. You will get in serious trouble for lighting them.

I could go on and on, but this is truly a new experience for me. All joking aside, its been pretty good so far.

The best part is I have a 2 car detached garage to fool around in, and I have a basement with plenty of room for me to continue my taxidermy. Of coarse the really cool thing is the basement also has a wet-bar in it with a working sink behind the bar.

I have been officially castrated...haha...

flash-----------------------------------out

2. Why is it women need 20 different bottles of stuff to take a shower? I can get by with a single bar of soap! I bet one of those closets has nothing but shoes. My wife finally had to let me have some of the closet in our bedroom because we have a baby on the way who will be getting the spare room that I had my clothes in. My wife and I moved in together a few years before we got married and it there is an adjustment period when you are used to living by yourself but you both get used to each other and the way you do things different.

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

oh boy, I could really go off on a rant here, but I won't ;) But I will say, wait until you see the toilet paper bill go through the roof :D

Congrats on the house, there's nothing like moving into your first house. I seriously relate to the 'incredible shrinking machine' situation. My wife and I moved into a 3000sq ft house 7 years ago:

-in the beginning, I had two rooms in the house I could call my own - a bedroom called my office, and the finished rec room downstairs. I furnished the office with the biggest computer desk I could find, and the rec room got a brand new pooltable. Life was good.
    -then we had our first kid, but nothing really changed except my wife suddenly started using the computer much more, since my office was next to the kid's room and she was up with him all hours of the night. Quickly learned the value of user accounts until WinXP, and set her up in an effort to keep my stuff secret ;)
    -then we had the second kid. Things changed in a big hurry. Office is now moved, computer desk above is now posted on the OGF Marketplace. My 'office' is now a small desk in our formal living room. We've remodeled two rooms in the house 'just for the kids.' My 'pool room' is now a 'kids room' with all their stuff, sporting all new carpet, paid for from the proceeds of the pool table sale. Wife took advantage of the remodel to move our 'old' family room stuff down there, and purchase all new furniture for the family room.
    -so now my spot in the house is a 6' desk, and my kids have 4 rooms between them. LOL, life changes pretty fast!

but, life now is even BETTER :D

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

We all know what your saying capt and ksu, its all good though. And Ksu you better pick them cloths up and put them were they belong and pick up them hats off my entertainment center. lol

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Ben, just be lucky she is willing to put up with you...make sure you got the mental ward on speed dial! oh yeah, I better not hear about anymore shootings in your area! :D congrats

6. I would reccommend a joint account too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

7. Ohhh Ben... I barely got to know you...
    I want 1st dibs on his fishing stuff :D
    ... all the luck in the world X2...

8. YEAH,GET A JOINT ACCOUNT AND YOU MIGHT LOSE A JOINT.... :D

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Congrats Ben. I remember my first house and the girlfiend I moved in with. We've been married for 9 years now and are in our 3rd house. The good thing is we have 3 boys so there are more manly things around now than ever before. The boys have taken over again!! Now all you need is that new boat to help fill in that garage. Where are you at now? Did you stay in the Falls?

10. get a second bath room

11. catking

catking Banned

Now your vocabulary has been shortened also. You only need to say two words from here on out......... " Yes Dear" :rolleyes: .DA KING !!!