Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has been awhile since i have had the boat out and it felt great!! Fished Oshay and swore i was fishing late September or early October. We started hitting some shallower wood first along shorelines and quickly changed to locating wood in 6-10 foot water or some flats in 7-12 foot. We were on fish rest of evening then,kept 47 crappies with a few in the 12-13" range but alot of 10-11" blacks that were heavy fish. Also towards dark got a wiper right around 15" and mean as heck what fighters they are. Also got a 18" saugeye as well. We were using Big Joshy's smaller crappie size swaggers in milktruese and white with a chartuese top. They were right on bottom would have to let bait hit bottom then start lifting and reeling it slowly they would hammer it. Water was 78 degrees and color was very good. We caught fish all over the lake north of home road just past home road south and all the way south. Just a awesome evening on the water.Also got out at night and got 5 nice saugeyes on red eye shads they were smashing thru shad and i would throw past bait and reel it in fast with a pause letting bait fall alittle then start it up again and bam. Fall fishing is gonna be fun!! Good fishing:)

·
Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted
944 Posts
Fishslim strikes again! Nice report.

·
Premium Member
10,898 Posts
Troy,

I jealous, I haven't been out since we were in NY

Looky what I had dropped off to me today

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kim your jealous man i am of that i have been trying to get that forever. lol Those tTexas bass and crappies better look out. Heard you are heading out Monday have a good time and send me a couple pics. Must get net Swaggers are coming out soon. Have a new batch just dropped off to me will be getting some of them out to guys. Went out with big Joshy on Oshay for awhile again tonight we caught crappies but most were about 8-9" blacks with a few keeper whites. Wind was brutal got worse as evening went along. So we ended night trying a new proto type bait that Josh is now making really great looking bait in the water. Bass fishermen you are gonna luv this one. We got 1 bass and missed a couple also a black crappie. We only fished it about a half hour then started hearing crys for help and looked around in the growing darkness and saw a boat on othersid of river. Drove over and sure enough boat would not start and they were drifting north away from dock area towed them in and headed home. Was surprised tonight thought with front coming in bite would have been better but we only had a few good fish. We did each lose a large fish mine sure felt like a large eye and Josh i feel was a large flattie it hammered his swagger and took off and line just broke. Bummer!! Water was 78-81 today.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
Kim your jealous man i am of that i have been trying to get that forever. lol Those tTexas bass and crappies better look out. Heard you are heading out Monday have a good time and send me a couple pics. Must get net Swaggers are coming out soon. Have a new batch just dropped off to me will be getting some of them out to guys. Went out with big Joshy on Oshay for awhile again tonight we caught crappies but most were about 8-9" blacks with a few keeper whites. Wind was brutal got worse as evening went along. So we ended night trying a new proto type bait that Josh is now making really great looking bait in the water. Bass fishermen you are gonna luv this one. We got 1 bass and missed a couple also a black crappie. We only fished it about a half hour then started hearing crys for help and looked around in the growing darkness and saw a boat on othersid of river. Drove over and sure enough boat would not start and they were drifting north away from dock area towed them in and headed home. Was surprised tonight thought with front coming in bite would have been better but we only had a few good fish. We did each lose a large fish mine sure felt like a large eye and Josh i feel was a large flattie it hammered his swagger and took off and line just broke. Bummer!! Water was 78-81 today.
Good work! And...thanks :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Nice work Slim...
I will give you a call tonight if you are going to be around.

Those swaggers look pretty sweet.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice going slim. Got some crappies and son got a sm on the red eye shad. Had one vicious hit at dusk on a fast retrieve and could not believe I wiffed.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,218 Posts
Hmmmmm, Swaggers........checks bank account. I may need a PM on this deal. ;)

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got back out last night man it was nice out bigger fish were quiet but did manage 8 saugeyes 13-16" kept 3 that took swagger so deep they would have died all right around 16". Got couple cats as well. Not alot of shad in area. Solid Chartruese swagger was ticket tonight no hits on red eye or jerk bait. Did get a bonus smallie as well.

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
Got out to O'shay last night. Tried for crappie with minnows and roadrunners and nada. So I switched to swaggers and started to try for saugeye. Interesting enough I started getting hammered by black crappies. I wasn't even using the crappie sized ones. I was using the firetiger 3 inchers. Love those black crappies, they fight like a pissed off bass. Every one jumped out of the water. Couldn't get any saugeye but I didn't cover much ground and I probably wasn't really in the right area.

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
slim..great report.. some one pm me about these swaggers?? I am looking to get out to o shay...need to start getting a little practice in before deleware... thanks:D

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Nice report im glad to hear it. Those crappie have no problem eating a 2.75 inch bait. Im guessing the color you were using was what i call sunrise. Its orange and bright yellow. Thats been a very hot color combo. Ive done some with pink instead of orange and those are real good too. Ill be crankin some out asap!

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
Thats it, sunrise.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Way to go Capital funny thing is another guy a customer was there other day and was slip bobbering with minnows and while waiting for bobber to go he started casting some of the yellowtrues ones i gave him to try and same thing quit the slip bobber and just stayed throwing swaggers in 10-12 foot water bringing them in at a slow steady back to boat and blacks were all over them he did manage a 14" white in the fun. They work big or smaller!! Sady Dog hit the post site on Big Joshy's post will take you to how to get some!! :)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts