close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally Got Me One!

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by fshnteachr, Nov 9, 2008.

1. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I finally got my FIRST DEER! :! I have learned a lot from these posts and wanted to share my first deer with you guys. I left my regular hunting grounds of Caesar's Creek to go down to KY for the start of deer gun season. (my uncle has a farm down there)

After hunting all weekend in very windy conditions, all I saw were squirrels. At about 9:00am this morning, I was ready to call it a weekend. It was cold and windy and I was getting hungry. I decided to give the wife a call from the tree stand. Honestly, the minute she says hello, I notice a nice little 5 pointer walking about 60 yards in front of me. I hang up on her after saying, "Oh my God, I gotta go," and take aim. I put a perfect shot on him, nearly through the heart and he fell right in his tracks.

What an experience! I love hunting even when I am not getting anything, just being out there is fun....but actually getting one! Wow! I can't describe it. And the bonus is a deer in the freezer (minus what I gave my uncle.)

P.S. I did call the wife back and tell her there was a good reason for hanging up on her! :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Congrats! I'm glad to see you got one under your belt.

3. fshnteachr

Thanks Fishstix....It feels so good to finally get one. He was no monster by any means and a young buck that I know a lot of people on here would scoff at taking, but he was my first and I am proud. (Actually just ate some filets tonight I cooked on the grill, yum!!)

4. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Anybody who would scoff at someone taking their first deer would be an idiot. Congrats on your buck. My first buck was a 5 point also after only getting does or a lot of nothing for many years.

5. fshnteachr

Thanks Seaturd!

6. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Nice first deer! Let that be a warmup for much better quality deer in Ohio!

7. BigSteve

BigSteve Member

Hey great job dude, anyone that would scoff should be ashamed. you killed a nice buck and should be proud whether it's your first or not, a trophy is how you see it and thats all that matters.