close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally got a line wet

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishzilla, May 23, 2004.

1. Got out for the first time today.(How pitiful is that) Went to a pond over in Plain City for a few hours and managed 5 large mouth all around 16". There was another guy there who was obviously a bass guy because he was pitching his bait (how do you guys do that?). Anyway, for "an 'eye guy" it was pretty cool to have this guy eyeballing me trying to see my white w/black flecks twister tail. ;) Caught four of the five on it on four straight casts :) Went to Big Darby at 42 and 736 after that. It was, of course, chocolate milk. Managed one 15" smallie and a guppy sized rock bass in the first 10 minutes and that was all. Could have been worse I suppose. I'll be looking to hit the Scioto honey hole or Alum over the holiday for some saugeye if anyone wants to hook up send me a pm.

2. jamesdalej

jamesdalej Dale Jr. fan

Hi Fishzilla, congrats on your catches. Sounds like some big beasts. If you call that an ok day, then my best day is nothing worth mentioning. I'd be tickled to death to catch a few 12+ inch bass in the same day. I've caught 1 17 in. smally but every other smally was under 12 inches. Congrats again and hope you do good at Scioto. Good luck!

3. JakeFr5150

JakeFr5150 Mr. Bug Rod

Is the Darby @ 42 & 736 really high right now? I used to fish that spot 2-3 times a week & I know this time of year it is still really high on the banks usually, and of course looks like Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. Alot of the times its flooded up to the barbed wire fences (mainly on the side by those storage things) - almost 20 - 30 feet from mid July banks! May check it out this weekend when I come down if its not too bad. Man I miss fishing that river - the fishing up near Akron is poor when you compare it to the Big Darby IMHO.

Jake

4. MLAROSA

MLAROSA Loving Life

The whole city of Akron is poor in my opinion. :D

But for your knowledge just about all the rivers and creeks are high right now with the storms the last couple days. I am not sure exactly where you are talking about, but I am sure it is high. Only place on the Darby I ever fished was near Utica, and we always used Helgramites (sp?) for bait and done well with the smallies.

Good luck, and it seems you need to get out more!

5. It was high and muddy but it is looking better already today. If the rain holds off :mad: it should be ready to go by the weekend. Hey Jamesdale thanks. I didn't mean to make myself sound like Orlando Wilson :eek: because I assure you I am not. Although that would be a sweet gig wouldn't it? :D