Finally going fishing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fatty McGee, Oct 16, 2008.

1. I finally have a chance to get out and do some fishing tomorrow before work(I don't work until 1pm) and I'm leaving a couple of hours early from work to get some more in. Fist time fishing in months (getting the house ready for little one number two....right in the middle of the run!)

With the rain from yesterday it looks like the river is moving pretty good and was wanting your opinions on what to fish for tomorrow. I really want to fish the river (Rocky) but if it'll be too high or fast I still would like to go somewhere and fish. I live in North Royalton so if you have any suggestions on body of water and species I'd really appreciate it as this may the last I'm able to get out for a while. Thanks again guys.

2. if you wont be able to get out for a while i'd fish for steelhead for sure. If the river is up fish will be moving. the question is how far upriver will they be?

3. the rock is flowing a bit above 300 right now, barring any rain later and tonight the rock will fish tomorrow. it will be a little muddy but should be clearing and on its way down. id say fish the rock, i'll be down there around 6 hopefully. grey and black simms waders say hi if you see me. also, check the flow before you leave in the steelhead forum. 225 is ideal anywhere under 300 is easily fishable.

4. Great, thanks for the info especially on the flow data, I never did quite understand how to read that. I plan on getting to the river around 6 myself, Good Fishing!