close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally fished from yak

Discussion in 'Canoes & Kayaks' started by Star1pup, Aug 7, 2005.

1. I finally got a chance to try out my Heritage Featherlite Angler and it was a ball! I fished a club lake and caught and released some bass. One towed the little 9.5' kayak around the lake. It was a lot of fun. :D

2. I've been looking to get a kayak but I've heard that it's hard to keep those under 10 feet straight when you want to just stop and fish. How did yours perform?

3. I was going to get me a yak up until I heard about and seen what a kick boat is, now I want a kick boat.

4. What is a kick boat?

5. This is a kick boat http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...ubes&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp They are also called pontoon boats. They range in price from around $200 to a few grand. The one in the link is the one I am aiming towards getting for next season. You can add a trolling motor, rod holders, livewell, ect. ect. Here is the main page for kick boats http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/c...mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=float+tubes&noImage=0

6. Anything that is light and sits on top of the water will be moved by a slight breeze. I had an 18' two place Folbot and it would move in the wind, but not as much as this one.

It all depends on what you want to do. I bought the smaller boat because I wanted to fish places that I could not get a bigger boat into. I also wanted it to be light as I will be 68 in a couple weeks. When i was younger, I could have handled a larger kayak. I also wanted it to fit in the back of my short bed pickup and it does with the tailgate up and the hatch tied down.

I had no problem, but it did drift a bit when I tried still fishing with a bobber. Of course my 18' pontoon boat also drifts with a wind and even swings around if I anchor it.