Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had horrible luck fishing for cats lately and finally got some. I was fishing alone at my buddies private work pond when my line took off. Brought in the big cat and just got the hook out when my other line took off. I left the big one on the dock and quickly grabbed my rod for #2. Brought #2 in and got some pics and measurements of both. That was my first time getting 2 fish at once, it was awesome! Big cat went 25 1/2 inches and 5lbs 12oz (only 1/2" off of a fish ohio channel) and small cat went 19" and 2lbs 10oz. They were caught using beef liver and cut shad.

·
A one-man wolfpack...
3,197 Posts
Nice catches!!! Love those big channels and the stress they put on ultra-light gear. Enjoyable as hell, IMO. One of my two F.O.'s last year was a channel (27 1/4"); I couldn't land it on my dinky St. Croix so I ended up having to beach it on the other side of the narrow stream channel I was fishing. I remember the hook was in the process of being straightened out when I was finally able to grab it's tail. I've come up short this year on the cat's, so job well done...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts