close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally caught a fish this year.

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Tornichio, Apr 14, 2004.

1. I finally was able to catch a fish this year. It went 8lbs. Not huge but it was a lot more funt reel in than a 3 ounce sinker. I have been trying to fish a bay off of the scioto river with out much luck. Lots of fish moving around the first time I fished it 2 weeks ago but no hook ups this past friday I had no luck except for landing a black lab. He made pretty good company on the bank though. He stayed around for an hour or more. I finally caught the fish in the actual river though. I was fortunate enough to actually catch it on a new bait that I made this past weekend. I hope this is only the beginning of a good year.

Hope to see you guys out on the water.

later,
    Marc

2. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob rrbski, The Happy Carper

Glad to hear it Marc...good show. Any further attempts on that quarry of yours?

3. catking

catking Banned

Better than reeling in a 3 oz sinker........ That is a great line !! Here's to many more !! THE CATKING !!!

4. Bob,

since I left my previous work place. I no longer have rights to fish the quarry. I thought real hard about leaving. But I just could not stay at that place just for the fishing. I have since seen quite a few fish on the cag site. I can definitely say with out a doubt that I saw two seperate carp that were both commons that would push the 50lb mark. Maybe not quite 50 but without a doubt mid 40's or larger. I will tell you about it some more. at one of the fish ins this year. I tell you were it is located.

later guys.
    marc