Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to catch a fish this year. It went 8lbs. Not huge but it was a lot more funt reel in than a 3 ounce sinker. I have been trying to fish a bay off of the scioto river with out much luck. Lots of fish moving around the first time I fished it 2 weeks ago but no hook ups this past friday I had no luck except for landing a black lab. He made pretty good company on the bank though. He stayed around for an hour or more. I finally caught the fish in the actual river though. I was fortunate enough to actually catch it on a new bait that I made this past weekend. I hope this is only the beginning of a good year.

Hope to see you guys out on the water.

later,
Marc

·
rrbski, The Happy Carper
504 Posts
Glad to hear it Marc...good show. Any further attempts on that quarry of yours?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob,

since I left my previous work place. I no longer have rights to fish the quarry. I thought real hard about leaving. But I just could not stay at that place just for the fishing. I have since seen quite a few fish on the cag site. I can definitely say with out a doubt that I saw two seperate carp that were both commons that would push the 50lb mark. Maybe not quite 50 but without a doubt mid 40's or larger. I will tell you about it some more. at one of the fish ins this year. I tell you were it is located.

later guys.
marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts