Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, the Byrd was very kind to me and my son Fri.... After 2 weeks of blown out river it was nice to be back at it. Started off a little slow got a few on top water zara spooks then we started getting some mooneyes and holy crap they was hungry. I kid you not evey cast we had a fish on. By noon it was so stinkin hot we was bout ready to leave and my son starts yelling at me look look i turn around and the water was just boiling everywhere bait jumping 3 ft in the air hybrids everywhere. We took turns throwing at them. We was the only ones there and netting them was a job this went on for an hour fish after fish 3 spooks just completely destroyed. They were nuts i tell ya. Then as fast as they started they was gone.... We took a lunch break and I told him im gonna throw a mooneye out and if i dont get one we are leaving. Well that mooneye lasted about 3 seconds. Was like this up until around 6 and then the storm hit and did it. Dont think i have ever seen it rain so hard. The little run off down from the dam looked like Niagra Falls. We just made it to the car to. Left everything out didnt have time to pack up... Set in the car for bout hour and half and finally quit. Went back down and water was boiling again like crazy from 8 till dark one after another. By far this was up there for one of the best days I have had. Got a few pics what a blast....... Fishing rod Fishing Fish Recreation Recreational fishing
Fishing Fishing rod Recreational fishing Fish Casting (fishing)
Fish Fish Bass Trout Fishing
Fish Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Recreation
Fish Fishing Bass Fisherman Fish
Fish Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Fisherman
Fish Fish Bass Fisherman Recreation
Fish Fishing Fish Recreational fishing Fisherman
Fish Fish Fisherman Fishing Bass
Fish Fish Fishing Fisherman Recreational fishing

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Great fish Shawn! You have another Wiper fisherman there. Bait was like that Sunday At Greenup . The water was barely coming over the sidewalk and so close trying to get to the other side that they were soaking us!! We love to do the "Mooneye countdown" and see how long they last and it usually isn't very long:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Seeing how well you did has inspired me to go down tonight and check things out. You gonna be there tonight? One of these days I'm sure we're gonna run into each other :)

·
Reader turned member
123 Posts
I made my first trip to the Byrd tonight and got blanked. I mean not even a hit in 4 hours of fishing. I was jigging flukes on the bottom, floating flukes on top, and using swimbaits. The water was muddy, but not real muddy. Oh well, that's not gonna keep me from going back. I didn't see anybody else catch anything either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.