close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally able to post

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Well thanks for all your kind words laddies and gentelman. Crappie thanks for coming up, and catking your call was thaughtfull, and did more for me than you know!!!!!!!!! ;)

Surgery was the hardest thing ive made it through in my life. If doc would of told me everything, i wouldnt of had it done :( I was in more pain, that they said they have ever seen somone in with this type of surgery. I was taking enough pain meds to knock done a horse, and was still in tears, literaly tears :eek: The day after was the worst day. They made me get up and do a lap around the hall. After that they still couldnt get my pain undercontrol. A pain management doc came in and got me all hooked up. There is still a mass amount of pain, but its finally undercontrol. The only complication at that point was me not being able to go pee. Had to get catherized for the hole stay. 5 days of that was not fun. We think it was the pain meds and pain/pressure that was making me not able to go. At first we thought it was nerve damage, but the surgeon ensured us it would be fine with time.

Finally Friday night they decided to let me go home. @ 8pm with prescriptions they wrote, had to call 8 pharmicies to find them. The ride home was very rough, seemed like everytime we hit a bump in the road we fell into a large hole. Hurt me pretty bad, plus the woman thinks she is al unser!! Im not doing much now but sleeping and eating and taking 8 differant medicines, and hitting the couch. I think im going to retire the name and make it couch comando for now :cool:

I should be able to ice fish in Febuary, if there is ice! Just depends. Doc said full recovery will be 9-12 months. And im going to take it easy, DONT WANT TO EVER GO THRU THAT AGAIN!!!!!!! .

Thank you all for your kind words and support. It was much needed and appreciated it more than words can say. WE GOT A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!

Here is a pic of the war wound :eek:

[​IMG]

2. catking

catking Banned

It's GREAT to see you back on the site. Even better you are out of the hospital. Just think about the future, when you are pain free ;) Like I mentioned, we'll get the corn chucker out on the bank this coming year ;) .THE CATKING !!!

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

yikes doood..that hurt me lookin at it.. :rolleyes:
    i for one glad you are out of the hospital, that place gives me the creeps.. :p now that you are home, i can comeby and bug the hell out of you. :D

4. Today was bad day. Been takin the medicine like clock work. Maybe you can stop by tomorrow.

Catking like i said in the hospital im down for that. Think ill be doing allot of bank fishing this year!!!!

5. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Glad to see your in good spirts. Glad to have you back as well.

flash---------------------------out

6. Hang in there. From the picture, it looks like it ought to hurt. And that it will take some time for the pain to go away. I wish you a speedy recovery. Did you know that music can help it along. You might give it a try if you haven't already.
    :)

7. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I had back surgery in November of last year but it was minor compared to yours. My incision was half the length of yours and I only spent a day and a half in the hospital. Do what they tell you so you recover as quickly as possible.

8. JBJ

JBJ

Best wishes for a speedy recovery CPTN. Those are some beauty RR tracks you have on your back. Looking forward to seeing your progress posted on here.

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Awefully glad to hear there was no nerve damage CAPTN. I also look forward to hearing fishing reports from you. ;)

- Jim

10. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Like everyone else, I am also glad to hear you are doing pretty good considering what you had done. Hope things keep getting better for you and hope to meet ya someday. Take it easy! :)

11. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

glad you came thur ok, when i had my 1st one done and they were taking me to my room they dropped me between the cart and the bed imagine that, i was there for a week and like you said the next day i don,t care how doped up they have you its just terrible pain...........so i talked them into keeping me sleeping for the most part of the 1st 3 days after that it got to the point that i could get out of bed and walk a bit but man seeing your back brought back some painful memories and to think they want to do a fusion on me if its even an option, i,ll find out on the 16th if they can even do a fusion but like i said before 2 doc,s already say they don,t think fusion will work because of the disc decease i have ( nothing left to fuse to ) please take it easy during your recovery cause you may feel fine but one little thing and your back to square one, please please please take it slow and easy and be very careful when you start PT.......i still say to this day that PT was a major reason i had to have a 2nd back surgery and if i wasn,t in constant daily severe pain i would not even consider a 3rd surgery but my back pain is at a point that i have to do something about it and it scares the crap out of me........so follow the doc,s orders and take your recovery nice and slow and do not let anyone push it......its your back not theirs, good luck...... :cool:

12. They fused the rods to my vertabrea's. Im sure you still have those left. Like i said before if you want another opinion ill give you the info on my neurosurgeon. Only bad thing with her is its hard to get into see her, unless your family doctor thinks its an emergancy.

Im not going to do anything. I dont plan on driving untill mid december, not rushing anything with this one!

Thanks again guys and gals!!

Jason

13. r u going to set off metal detectors in the airport with those pins? -------------- get better soon! that's and order!

14. glad your able to post. sounds like some good advice on here good luck.

15. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

jason, if you want to send me a pm with the info that would be great, like i said i go on the 16th of dec. this doc is supposed to be one of the best in the field so i,ll find out.....i,m always open to another opinion and thats only a 3 hour drive from here for me so if you would pm me some info and i,ll take it from there......good luck and heal right................ :cool:

16. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Good to see ya back on the boards as well :)

17. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

We're pulling for you J. Glad to hear you made it through ok. Hang in there buddy.